Hassan Alhameen, a.k.a. “Harmeen”, a 10-year-old rap artiste says that he always uses his leisure periods after school hours to compose music and keep away from negative peer influence.
The JSS-1 student of Gold Field College, Ikotun, a Lagos suburb, disclosed this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos on Tuesday.
He said several children had become victims of negative influence when they did not channel their energies into positive things during their leisure time.
Alhammen, who started rapping at age five praised his parents for their support and guidance in nurturing his talents as well as ensuring that he remained focused in his education.
According to him, he won the Murkreminisce Competition in 2018 and he received monetary reward for it from the popular rapper “Reminisce”.
He said that he had also been signed on by the Nigeria/UK record label: Efoski Entertainment.
“I attribute my success to my parents who have dedicated their time to building the needed character in me to excel both in my school and my music career.
“It is the home training that has led me to where I am today. I just don’t want to be famous alone but to also be a good influence to my generation,” he said.
The young rapper said that his role models in the industry had remained Reminisce, Olamide, Davido and many others.
“My mum always tells me to do my best and my dad also encourages and supports me so that one day, I will eventually become a successful musician like the my role models,” he said.
Alhammen, advised his colleagues to build a hobby that would keep them busy after school hours and prevent them from taking to vices.
According to him, his other achievements include: recording four musical tracks and two videos, being nominated as the next young rated budding artist by Wonder Kids Awards 2019.
- Speed Darlington returns to Nigeria after 18 years
- Top 10 Richest Nollywood Actors
- 50 year old man arrested for allegedly defiling 9 year old girl in Delta (photo)
- Imo residents defy IPOB’s sit-at-home order
- CAMPUS LIFE: UNILAG condemns child molestation
- MARTIN AGWOGIE: AGAINST THE ODDS
- Mazi and Friends Live! Berths in Lagos
- My Barbie-like appearance is deceptive-says Ono Bello
- Davido Ft. Young Thug – Lady
- Parents threaten to withdraw wards from Madonna Varsity