A 14-year-old boy from Gidea village in Kwanza Constituency, Trans Nzoia County of Kenya has expressed readiness to sell his kidney to fund his secondary school education.
Isaiah Wanjala who got admitted to Chewoiyet Boys High School after scoring 394 in 2019 Kenya Certificate of Primary Education examinations, has been unable to raise Sh50,000 required to join the national school based in West Pokot County.
The 14-year-old boy who is the fifth child in the family with nine children, stated that he is ready to sell one of his kidneys as long as it will raise enough money to take care of his high school and university education.
“My aged parents are not in a position to raise my school fees as well as provide the basic needs for my younger brothers and sister.”
The boy’s aged parents, Rose Andisi and Fred Wanyonyi who have tried dissuading their son from going ahead with the decision that has given them sleepless night, appealed to good-hearted individuals to help their son achieve his dream of becoming an engineer.
The Parents said;
“As a family, we are worried by his decision. We have tried to persuade him otherwise but he is adamant and determined to join his dream school.”
This is coming after the Kenyan government notified parents and guardians of the deadline for form one admission.
- Ex-public school pupil woos mates
- Care for your wards, Lagos SUBEB chair urges parents
- 14-year-old schoolgirl brutally raped, stabbed and burnt to death in South Africa while walking home after being left behind by school bus
- Council chair urges more attention on children’s welfare
- ‘No child should hawk during school hours’
- Senate seeks reform of Almajiri education system, others
- 10-year old rapper makes music to stay away from peer pressure
- Ensuring learning is not too much for your child
- Taqwa urges Muslims to explore Ramadan goodies
- Blac Chyna slams Kylie Jenner for taking her daughter Dream Kardashian on a trip in the helicopter that Kobe Bryant and 8 others died in
- NSCDC uncovers Indian hemp farm in a school compound in Anambra
- Atiku Abubakar and Reno Omokri kick against FG’s decision to cancel WASSCE
- Dog and goat vie for honorary mayor of US town
- World’s youngest prime minister Sanna Marin announces plans to give all parents the same parental leave in Finland
- Don’t Reopen Schools Until 2021 – ASUU Tells FG