Twenty suspects have been arrested by men of the Lagos state police command in connection with the clash between Okada riders and policemen in Ijora, a surburb of Lagos state earlier today.
A statement by Bala Elkana, spokesperson of the state police command says the police received a distress call that some hoodlums armed with cutlasses, suspected to be okada riders and thugs, blocked some major roads around Ijora Oloye, Amusu, Ijora 7up, Ijora under bridge, Sifa junction and Gaskiya gangare area all within Ijora Badia Division.
Bala said the hoodlums caused major obstructions on the roads, burning tyres, looting and stealing from unsuspecting road users.According to the statement, police officers from Ijora Badia, Area B Command and Special Strike Force on Social Miscreants, were promptly deployed to the scenes. The situation was brought under control and the obstructions were cleared for free flow of traffic.
Bala said no life was lost during the unrest.
He added that twenty suspects were arrested and will be charged to court soon.
- 17 suspected cultists arrested in Lagos (photo)
- Men who specialize in stealing cars from churches arrested in Lagos
- 86 suspected cultists arrested in Lagos, 11 pistols recovered
- Cultists clash: 4 killed, 2 arrested in Lagos..
- Police arrest lady and her boyfriend for faking her own kidnap to extort money from her employer (photo)
- Man arrested for allegedly attempting to kill his wife in Lagos (photo)
- Police arrest suspected killers of Moradeun Balogun, lady who was stabbed in Lagos
- Police arrest armed robbery suspects in Nsukka
- Three arrested by police for stealing a 4-year-old child in Ogun
- Two armed robbery suspects arrested in Ogun (photo)
- Mother of four murdered in Lagos
- Police parade ‘killer’ of NYSC member, 18 others
- Exclusive update: Lagos police command explain why they are still detaining Uber driver who drove the man who recently committed suicide by jumping into the Lagoon
- Exclusive update: Lagos police command confirms arrest of 11 miscreants during Naira Marley’s concert
- Parade suspects responsible for Kolade Johnson’s death – Ruggedman declares