Zobo drink and pregnancy are very important topics to discuss. Is zobo drink good for pregnant woman or dangerous? Does zobo drink cause miscarriage? The answers to these questions are below.
What is zobo drink?
Zobo drink is prepared from the petals of hibiscus. The tradition of brewing hibiscus petals has existed for a very long time, people love and appreciate this plant very much.
Another name of the zobo is the Sudanese rose. Tea from this plant is popular in the Mediterranean, South America, Arab countries. The drink tones, quickly quenches thirst. It is nice to drink it hot or cold. Some people consider it ‘a cure for all diseases’. But what is good for some can be dangerous for others.
So consult your doctor, find out whether it is possible for you to drink zobo during pregnancy.
The petals of the Sudanese rose are rich in antioxidants (which slow down aging), citric acid, vitamins, fatty acids. There is an erroneous opinion that in hot form zobo raises pressure, but in cold – lowers.
Zobo drink in pregnancy
Morning attacks of nausea and constant weakness are familiar to most future mothers. When pregnant, the sour taste and mild calming effect of Zobo drink slightly alleviate these symptoms. But in parallel with this, the aroma and taste of the drink can provoke an individual intolerance or an allergic reaction. Even if before tea from hibiscus was your favorite drink, during pregnancy the possibility of completely opposite sensations is not excluded.
Effect of zobo drink on pregnancy
- light strengthening effect
- lowering cholesterol
- mild soothing effect
- increase of hemoglobin as a result of better absorption of iron
- lowering blood pressure
- strengthening of the vascular walls
The antibacterial substances contained in the drink and the ability to exert antipyretic effect will help in the fight against colds. But all these advanteges are sometimes powerless before the negative influence of drink. So, the high content of vitamin C in the petals is dangerous, because the threat of termination of pregnancy in the early stages. When deciding to try zobo drink during pregnancy, be sure to take into account the opinion of the leading gynecologist and monitor the level of your blood pressure.
Mostly Zobo drink is limited to small portions of tea.
Can zobo drink cause miscarriage?
What are the contraindications for zobo drink during pregnancy? The list is not very long, but for many, it can become an obstacle. Dangers of drinking zobo for future mothers:
- decreased pressure, especially in women with an initially low level
- exacerbation of chronic kidney disease or cystitis
- an increased outflow of bile provokes spasms of the bile ducts, exacerbates liver disease
- stomach pains due to increased acidity
- allergic rash and itching with individual intolerance
- it can cause miscarriage as it lowers oestrogen in the body, so it can prompt menstruation that could ultimately lead to losing the baby.
In addition to the already listed dangers of exacerbation of chronic diseases and the possibility of miscarriage in the early stages, zobo tea has serious diuretic effect. This can cause considerable inconvenience. Even if your gynecologist positively answered the question of whether it is possible to use zobo drink, pregnant women need to remember about the diuretic effect of it, especially in the absence of the opportunity to visit the toilet quickly.
In order for the petal of hibiscus to not harm your health, adhere to the following rules:
- don’t drink more than 300 ml of a drink (this is approximately one large cup) of medium or weak strength per day;
- do not drink zobo after eight o’clock in the evening;
- a strong broth will dramatically increase the acidity of the stomach; it can also trigger heartburn;
- if the day before the dose of tea has been exceeded, take a break for a day or reduce the volume of tea.
The reasonable approach to the dosage, right preparation of tea and regular monitoring of the state of health will help to avoid dangers and let you enjoy your favorite drink.
A doctor should give an expert answer to the question of whether a pregnant woman can drink zobo tea or not. Too much is at stake, do not risk in vain. Pregnancy is a difficult period in the life of any woman. Naturally, she wants a bit of usual comfort and pleasure. If Zobo drink is one of the joys of your life, it does not cause trouble and is not dangerous to health – drink with pleasure, enjoy your favorite flavour!
On the one hand, the drink gives a positive general strengthening effect, works as a mild sedative, helps fight with increased blood pressure, but it does not suit people with kidney and gastrointestinal diseases. Someone can develop an allergy.
You can leave your comments