A 6-month-old baby accused of having collected €500 of excess rent was summoned to a Brussels court.
The baby was summoned by the justice of the peace in the Brussels municipality of Molenbeek-Saint-Jean. The baby girl was accused of having collected €500 of excess rent, and refusing to reimburse €660 of rental guarantee on a property that was rented via the Public Centre for Social Action (CPAS).
The incident happened from January to June 2019, before the baby was even born in July.
In a Facebook post, the baby’s mother explained how she received a letter summoning her 6-month-old daughter to court, after which she called the court to point out the error.
The mother said: “A clerk confirmed that it was indeed an error, and that the situation was settled.”
However, a second letter reminding the family of the date of the hearing arrived at the end of January. When she called the court again, she was told to attend the hearing on the date indicated to prove that her daughter was a minor.
She said: “I have no means of transportation, but I would have to go to Brussels to prove that my daughter was not even born at the time the incident took place.”
However, after posting her story to social media, and contacting the court again, she received an email that the judge, as well as the defendant’s lawyers, dropped the proceedings.
“In his e-mail, the clerk confirmed that the hearing will not be necessary, as my daughter is not responsible for the situation given her age,” she said, according to RTBF.
- Mexican mother whose 19-year-old daughter was killed in Mexico delivers powerful speech as she opposes femicide (video)
- Mum nabbed after allegedly pimping out her 12-year-old daughter to a 26-year-old man for 3 years
- Cassie’s husband, Alex Fine reveals his father was pronounced dead but has miraculously recovered and got to meet his granddaughter for the first time
- Mother arrested after she filmed herself performing violent smackdown on baby boy during a video chat with his father
- ‘It’s my favorite Mommie & Baby time’ – Tboss shares candid breastfeeding post with her daughter (Photos)
- Nigerian striker Henry Onyekuru and wife Esty share first photos of their newborn daughter
- Iran vows to punish those responsible for downing Ukrainian plane that crashed in Tehran
- Neighbours of teenage girl who died accuse her parents of allegedly beating her to death because she had a baby for a Yoruba Muslim boy
- Nigerian father disgraces Pastor for allegedly trying to sleep with his daughter in US church (video)
- Newborn baby is found dead after mother placed the girl in a washing machine
- Maid caught on camera repeatedly dipping toddler’s hand into boiling water (graphic photos/video)
- Lady cuts off her daughter’s new hair because it was paid for by her estranged baby daddy (videos)
- My Delayed Delivery……. By Dr~protocol
- Student in court over alleged theft of 16 ATM cards
- June 11 fixed for National Assembly inauguration