The Transition Committee Chairman of Arochukwu Local Government Area of Abia state, Onyekachi Okoro has been confirmed dead after reportedly slumping during a meeting in Umuahia yesterday January 9.
Okoro was rushed to the Federal Medical Centre (FMC) in Umuahia where doctors pronounced him dead. It is speculated he died from a cardiac arrest as the doctors are yet to disclose the cause of death.
The deceased died barely a month after he resumed duty as the TC chairman of Arochukwu Local Government following his appointment in December 2019.
- Actor Toyosi Arigbabuwo is dead
- 10 famous Nollywood celebrities that have died in 2019
- 10 Nollywood stars that have died in 2019
- British pop star, George Michael’s sister Melanie Panayiotou found dead on Christmas day
- Baba Suwe Talks Tough From US
- Nigerian man dies after sleeping with a prostitute (video)
- Rivers guber poll: Wike claims 8 of 9 LGAs so far collated
- Two farmers beheaded by suspected armed militia in Taraba
- Fires razes over 400 shops in Anambra (photos)
- Nigerian man allegedly kills his father over cooked yam in Ebonyi
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s ex-fiancé, Nick Gordon’s cause of death revealed
- Man dies after drinking herbal mixture given to him by an Islamic cleric in Osun
- Three killed by Lassa fever in Kano, 292 on watch list
- Church allegedly refuses to bury a dead member because he stopped paying tithe some years back
- Trailer kills LASTMA official on duty