The Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Nnaemeka Achebe, has said Aare Afe Babalola (SAN) has repositioned and regained the lost glory of education in Nigeria.
Igwe Achebe described the legal icon as one of the leading apostles of functional and quality education in the country.
He said Babalola’s achievements in human capacity development would remain indelible in the hearts of his countless beneficiaries.
The monarch noted that the legal luminary’s glorious legacy will positively affect future generations.
Igwe Achebe, who described Afe Babalola University in Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD) as mother of all universities, said the institution has carved a niche for itself on the global map of world class institution. The first-class monarch spoke yesterday in Ado-Ekiti, the Ekiti State capital, during a visit to the institution.
He said: “I give gratitude to God for the life of Aare Babalola, who has the vision, drive and commitment to establish this. He is a blessing to Nigeria, Africa and the entire world. I think Aare is God-sent.
“Everywhere he goes, what he preaches is quality and market-driven education. And he is right because it is the bedrock of development anywhere in the world.
“I am highly impressed by what I have seen here. I have been to various private and public universities but none is like ABUAD.
“And I have also been to hospitals in Nigeria but the facilities here are not there. May be you can get this kind of facilities only in America and the United Kingdom (UK).
“I will be coming here for medical treatment. There is no need to travel overseas when we have this world-class hospital here.”
ABUAD founder Aare Babalola said the institution was established as a protest against the state of education in public universities. The legal luminary added that he set up a regulatory university that is not for profit-making but to give Nigerians functional education and to be a model in education, character, discipline and service.
He said: “There is no doubt I have repositioned and regained the lost glory of education in Nigeria. We have become a benchmark for other universities of the world. If you want to start a new university, the National Universities Commission (NUC) will ask you to go and see ABUAD.
“Others are learning from us. Everyday, every week, we receive delegates from different universities from in and outside Nigeria.
“We are changing the world. The revolution has started. And I am the leader of the revolution to enthrone and illuminate the world with market-driven education fortified with academic ideas.”
- ABUAD to train unemployed graduates
- Make your post graduate programmes effective, ex UI DVC to universities
- ‘We’ll take varsity to the next level’
- Dangote donates 2,160-bed hostel to ABU
- UM PUMS set to redefine healthcare landscape
- DSS allegedly arrest and detain journalist for publishing articles criticizing Buhari, Tinubu, EFCC
- CAMPUS LIFE: UNILAG condemns child molestation
- Parents threaten to withdraw wards from Madonna Varsity
- Babalola emerges Oyo NUJ Chairman
- Students’ detention: Parents to withdraw wards from Madonna Varsity
- Sex Scandal: Sacked Lecturer Threatens to Sue EKSU, Student over Dismissal
- Hold education minister and FG responsible for prolonged strike – ASUU
- Ghanaian varsity offers $40,000 scholarship to UTME best, Ekene
- Buhari for ground-breaking of Transportation varsity in Daura
- Nigeria has three months to be declared polio free