THE Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) last night declared the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate, Mr Kolawole Taiwo, winner of Ajeromi-Ifelodun Federal Constituency election.
The commission conducted supplementary election in 71 polling units across eight wards of Ajeromi-Ifelodun Federal Constituency of Lagos State for the House of Representatives seat.
The commission had declared the Feb. 23 House of Representatives election in the constituency, inconclusive due to over-voting, non-compliance with the usage of smart card readers and violence.
Prof. Olusoji Ilori the Returning Officer for the election, announced the result for the election at the INEC Collation Centre located at Local Authority Primary School, Baale St. Ajegunle at about 7:35 p.m.
Ilori, who is a lecturer at the University of Lagos, announced the total votes after the supplementary poll.
According to him, Taiwo polled a total of 36,115 votes to defeat his closest rival from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Mrs Rita Orji, who got 32,557 votes.
Ilori added that Mr Matin Iwonlaye of Accord Party had 587 votes, Mr Jimoh Rasheed of PPN got 206 votes, Mr David Kola of AD polled 158 votes, Mr Michael Ogoeke of of APP polled 149 votes while Ms Julie King of APDA polled 112 votes.
According to him, Mr Adebayo Adegbenro of ADC scored 107 votes, Mr Kennedy Nzemiro of PPC had 90 votes, Mr Morenikeji Oluwole of MPN had 39 votes, Mr Jacob Ogundiran of DPC scored 17 votes while Ms Victoria Oladipupo of DA, polled 06 votes.
Ilori said: “I declared that Kolawole Taiwo Musbau of APC, having satisfied the requirements of the law and scored the highest number of votes, is hereby declared the winner and he is returned elected.”
The party agents took turns to sign the results.
Earlier before the announcement of the result, Mr Afred Akpojotor, the INEC Electoral Officer for the council, commended the voters and stakeholders for their patience and perseverance to seeing the end of the exercise.
- Rivers guber poll: Wike claims 8 of 9 LGAs so far collated
- Rivers guber poll: INEC resumes collation of results; 6 LGAs announced
- INEC declares PDP winner of Gov, Senatorial, House of Reps elections
- INEC sets January 25 for 28 rerun polls
- Zamfara: INEC meets on Supreme Court judgment
- 2019 poll: INEC replacing servers to conceal rigging, says PDP
- Oshiomhole’ll destroy APC before 2023 polls – Okorocha
- Amosun, 3000 others defect to PDP in Ogun
- Babalola emerges Oyo NUJ Chairman
- 60 opposition members endorse Gbajabiamila/Wase ticket
- Democracy would have collapsed in 2015 if Jega had caved in – Garba Shehu
- News Today :The judgment delivered against APC in Zamfara state by the supreme court is a fight back by the judiciary in Nigeria it is not a reflection of will of the people. – By Micheal shote.
- Estranged APC aspirants urge Osinbajo to accommodate them
- NEWSINEC Suspends Presentation Of Certificate Of Return In Zamfara State
- PRESIDENT BUHARI: Government declares public holiday again, they moved to do this on that day.