Winners have emerged in the first regional knock-out of Ariya Repete 2019, which kicked off on June 12, with two simultaneous regional auditions held in Lagos.
The auditions which held respectively at Stalad Hotels, Abule Egba, and Aso Rock Bar, Ikotun, at the regional knockout, featured nine talents, with three competing in each category of Fuji, Juju, and Afro-pop.
The regional knock-outs popularly known as selection parties featured some memorable performances. The judges, which featured veteran afro-pop music producer – ID Cabassa, renowned OAP Adebayo Faleke as well as Juju legend, Champion Opio, faced the hard task of picking the regional qualifiers from a pool of impressive talents on display.
At the Ikotun selection party, Abiodun Oloto, Adeniyi Temitope and Abraham Effiong qualified in the Fuji, juju, and Afro-pop categories respectively while in Abule Egba, Olayemi Kehinde, Akinlabi Johnson, and Olajide Olayiwola qualified from the Fuji, juju, and Afro-pop categories.
Speaking after the showpiece in Ikotun, winner of the Juju category, Adeniyi Temitope, said: “I am so happy to have won today. When I entered the competition, I wasn’t sure I could make it past the audition stage but I believed in myself and I put out my best today. I am so thankful to Goldberg and I can’t wait to hit the stage at the quarter-final.”
The Brand Manager, Goldberg Lager, Olufunmilayo Ogunbodede, thanked fans for the impressive turnout and support for the competition and showered praise on the contestants.
“We thank our loyal consumers for coming out and supporting this competition,” Ogunbodede said.
“Our consumers truly are the best and the performances by the contestants were quite memorable. We intend to continue to up the ante and deliver even more excellent nights like these as the competition progresses.
- Eight contestants for ‘People’s Hero’ finals
- Rayvanny ft Zlatan – Juju
- SIR SHINA PETERS: I’m the first Yoruba rapper in Nigeria
- Energy Gad Ft. Olamide & Pepenazi – Afro Beat To The World
- 9ice – Ko Kanye Ft. Tiwa Savage
- Phyno, Kcee, Selebobo, Sunny Nneji mentor Hi-life Fest quarter-finalists
- Mr. Peculiar sets for second album
- Burna Boy, Teni, emerge Pepsi Brand Ambassadors
- Mixtape : Dj Blast – Street Anthem ( Vol.1 )
- Wizkid, Tiwa Savage ready for Pepsi’s ‘We Got Taste’