The Senator representing Osun West Senatorial District, Ademola Adeleke, has called on Muslim faithful in Osun State and in other parts of the country to be strong and faithful to the obligations of the Ramadan Fast.
A statement by his spokesperson, Mr. Olumide Lawal, said the lawmaker also enjoined the Muslims as they approach the last ten days of the Islamic injunction, to be steadfast and committed in serving Allah with reverence and sincerity.
Adeleke, who advised the Muslims to always pray for the peace and prosperity of the nation, said he was of the conviction that security of lives and properties should be enhanced by the various levels of government.
He condemned the spates of kidnapping across the country, calling on all and sundry to be extra vigilant and report strange faces in their communities to the law enforcement agents for appropriate action.
Adeleke urged his supporters and well-wishers to remain calm and peaceful, stressing that the God of justice will answer their prayers for reclaiming his mandate through judicial process.
He also urged them to lift their spirit high and remain unperturbed, stressing that he would not disappoint them in his services to God and humanity.
He called on those at the temple of justice to be guided by the provision of Quran 4:135, which states that: “O ye who believe, be ye staunch in justice, witnesses to Allah, even though it be against yourselves or your parents or your kinden. Follow not passion, lest ye lapse from truth and that if ye lapse or fall away, Allah is ever informed of what they do.”
The lawmaker used the occasion of Ramadan to advice the politicians to always embrace politics without bitterness and play the game according to the rules without character assassination of themselves in order to score cheap political points.
- Taqwa urges Muslims to explore Ramadan goodies
- Zakatul Fitr
- Eligibility: Appeal Court to deliver judgment in Adeleke’s appeal today
- Campaign Organisation reacts to judgment nullifying candidacy of Adeleke
- Ndume felicitates with Muslims
- Monarch seeks peaceful co-existence
- Osun gov’rshp poll: Why court judgement nullifying my candidacy will not stand – Adeleke
- Certificate forgery: Court nullifies nomination of Adeleke for Osun guber poll
- Detained Adeleke to be arraigned in Abuja today
- Peterside: Buhari committed to Nigeria’s growth
- Let’s rededicate ourselves, says Ambode
- Buhari greets Nigerians on Ramadan
- Firm donates rice to Muslims
- Ramadan: Lagos lawmaker hosts annual lecture
- Alleged forgery: Court grants Adeleke N2m bail