Afro-fusion artist, Damini Ogulu aka Burna Boy clinched the coveted ‘Best International Act’ award at the BET on Monday.
The 2019 edition of the award which celebrates black people in film, music and arts, was held at the Microsoft Theatre in California.
The BET Award for Best International Act is an award given to honour the outstanding achievements of international artists every year.
NAN reports that Wizkid still holds the record for most wins in this category with two awards.
Burna Boy joins Wizkid, 2baba, Davido, D’banj and Iceprince as the only winners of the award from Nigeria.
In 2019, Burna Boy was nominated alongside Mr Eazi (Nigeria), Giggs (UK), Dosseh (France), Dave (UK), AKA (South Africa) and Aya Nakamura (France).
NAN reports that the ‘On the Low’ singer began the musical year with hefty, fan-favorite tunes including ‘Dangote’ and ‘Killin Dem’ featuring Zlatan.
This follows his quick rise to stardom in 2018 which made him one of the top five stars of the year. The singer performed at Coachella in April.
- BET Awards: I’m not crazy on awards but this one means a lot – Burna Boy
- BET to honour Nipsey Hussle with humanitarian award
- Burna Boy wins Best International Act at BET Awards
- Stefflon Don, others celebrate Burna Boy’s BET Award at Quilox
- [MIXTAPE] DJ Maff – Best of Wizkid & Burna Boy Mix
- Burna Boy wins Best International Act at the BET Awards 2020: Full Winners List
- BET Awards: Burna Boy’s mother shines with moving acceptance speech
- Burna Boy, Rema Earn 2020 BET Nomination | See Full list
- 7 Other Nigerian Artistes That Would Bring Home Grammy Asides Burna Boy
- Shades of Burna: Making of an African Giant
- DJ Maphorisa & Kabza De Small ft. Wizkid, Burna Boy, Cassper Nyovest – Sponono
- Femi Kuti, others to perform at opening ceremony of 2019 AFCON
- Sarz ft. Wizkid – Hold Me
- DJ LISALI ft ISHMAEL – HANGOVER
- Wizkid – Body