The Lagos State Police Command have provided the names of the three officers arrested with links to the fatal shooting of Kolade Johnson in Lagos.
Recall that Johnson, 36, died after being hit by a stray police bullet near a football viewing centre on Sunday evening.
The officers involved were taken into custody as part of the initial police response to the killing that has gripped the country and sparked nationwide outrage.
The officers were identified as Ogunyemi Olalekan (an inspector), Godwin Orji (a sergeant), and Ojiawuna Samuel ( a corporal).
The police said the aforementioned officers are part of a patrol team of the Special Anti-Cultism Squad that shot Johnson on Sunday.
The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Zubairu Muazu, gave the names during a condolence visit to Johnson’s family in Mangoro, Lagos, the neighbourhood where he was killed.
The police chief condemned the action of the officers and assured the family of a thorough investigation and sanctions.
More details later…
- Explosion rocks old Ekiti government secretariat (photos)
- Suspect dead, 2 officers injured in shooting at Walmart in Forrest city, Arkansas
- “I’m a lover of children” woman who slammed her maid to the ground cries and blames the devil after she was arrested (video)
- Police arrest armed robbery suspects in Nsukka
- Police shoot man protesting against property take over in Lagos
- Three arrested by police for stealing a 4-year-old child in Ogun
- Rivers moves against cultism and kidnapping
- Police parade officers arrested for assaulting man for refusing to unlock his phone in Enugu
- Police arrest lady and her boyfriend for faking her own kidnap to extort money from her employer (photo)
- Police gun down two suspected armed robbers in Anambra (graphic photo)