The six students of the Madonna University in Anambra State and one of their lecturers arrested and detained since February 11th by the management of the institution have regained their freedom
The presiding judge at the Federal High Court 2 in Anambra state, Justice Babatunde Quadri, granted them bail on Wednesday.
He ordered they should be released immediately.
The students had been in detention since February for allegedly posting some Facebook comments the management considered offensive.
- Students’ detention: Parents to withdraw wards from Madonna Varsity
- Parents threaten to withdraw wards from Madonna Varsity
- Judge Recuses Self from Sowore’s Suit
- Man found dead in hotel room in Onitsha after having sex with a lover
- CAMPUS LIFE: Osun Poly students set school clinic ablaze over student’s death
- Sex for Marks: Ekiti varsity investigates, queries don
- Boyfriend,18, accused of killing 19-Year-old girlfriend while playing with gun he thought was unloaded
- Former AGF, Mohammed Adoke freed from EFCC custody
- Suspected kidnapper remanded in prison after claiming he abducted missing Ondo child
- Ilaro Polytechnic suspends SUG President arrested during cult meeting
- OAU lecturer suspended and handed over to police for allegedly sexually molesting a 19-year-old student
- Man, 50, arrested for impregnating 13-year-old step daughter (photo)
- ‘Falana wants to score cheap media publicity by asking me to apologise to Sowore, Dasuki’- Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, says
- Kalu to court: Free me on bail, I need my herbalist . Senator tendered one-year-old medical report, says EFCC
- NSCDC uncovers Indian hemp farm in a school compound in Anambra