A student of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Faculty of Technology, Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife, Kolapo Olowoporoku, has committed suicide.
According to a close source, Olowoporoku took his life in the early hours of Sunday for repeatedly failing some courses.
CAMPUSLIFE learnt that Olowoporoku had been battling frustration and depression over courses he borrowed and failed from both the departments of Civil Engineering, and Computer Science.
The source, who claimed to be close to the deceased, said the latter usually approached him for counseling anytime he was worried, adding that he (source) never hesitated to lend him a helping hand by telling him never to give up.
The deceased, who was an executive in the department association, was supposed to have graduated with the 2016/2017 session, but for the failed courses.
- ”He attended RCCG and was very quiet” Neighbors speak about man who jumped into Lagos lagoon last weekend
- How Young Graduate Worked with Celebrities Through Social Media
- The tech age in education
- Emmanuel re-appoints Ekuwem as A’Ibom SSG
- US court sentences Nigerian to 15 years for $10m fraud
- Househelp commits suicide in Lagos
- Man who allegedly pushed down his pregnant wife from fifth floor of their Onitsha apartment, was allegedly given quit notice over mysterious death of first wife
- 14-year-old schoolgirl brutally raped, stabbed and burnt to death in South Africa while walking home after being left behind by school bus
- DezBilly Entertainment launches in Lagos, unveils Ewa Cole and Maxxie
- Just in: Armed robbers attack First Bank Mpape, Abuja (photos and video)