The Governing Council of the University of Lagos (UNILAG) has absolved top officials served queries for financial misappropriation last week of any wrongdoing.
This comes after a two-day special meeting of the Council on Monday and Tuesday to deliberate on the reports of two committees on financial expenditure in the university.
A source, who refused to be named because of lack of authority to speak to the media, noted the officials, including the Vice-Chancellor, Prof Oluwatoyin Ogundipe; Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academics & Research), Prof Wole Familoni; Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Development Services), Prof Folasade Ogunsola; and the Bursar, Mr Nurudeen Olalekan Lawal, were allowed to defend themselves, which did not happen while the committees did their investigation.
The officers and the members of the Governing Council are however to meet with members of the officials of the National Universities Commission (NUC) on Wednesday and House of Representatives members serving on the Public Procurements Committee on Thursday.
The source stated: “Following the opportunity given the people indicted by the report, the meeting absolved the officials of any financial malfeasance.
“The affected principal officers and members of governing council will be meeting with officials of NUC and representatives of the House of Representatives to find an enduring solution to what is becoming more of communication gap crisis.”
The Vice-Chancellor did not respond to message sent to his phone to confirm the Council’s decision.
- NFVCB introduces Film authentication seal to curb piracy
- Breaking: Senate suspends plenary by one week
- The University of Ghana lecturers exposed in BBC Sex For Grades documentary have been cleared of acts of sexual misconduct
- PCRC sets up conference committees
- AAU Lagos Alumni Launches N100M Fund for University Health Centre
- Buhari mobilises governors for Lawan, Gbajabiamila
- Akeredolu, Fayemi, Ajimobi rally members-elect for Gbajabiamila
- Sex Scandal: Sacked Lecturer Threatens to Sue EKSU, Student over Dismissal
- Make your post graduate programmes effective, ex UI DVC to universities
- Estranged APC aspirants urge Osinbajo to accommodate them