The S.A.G.E Innovation Centre is a groundbreaking accelerator with a unique focus on developing SME ventures and entrepreneurs in developing countries ‘Green Economy.’ The center would help to build resilience to climate change by enacting programs that would implement best practices for a healthy environment, thereby empowering social entrepreneurs across Nigeria and Africa.
Nigeria is considered 58th most vulnerable and the 22nd least ready nation to adapt to the threats of climate change. Vulnerabilities include exposure, sensitivity and adaptive capacity. An estimated 25% of Nigerians live in the exposed coastal region – a hub for economic activity and source of 90% of foreign income. Responding to climate threats requires collective action. Government must provide leadership by creating and championing a framework with clear goals, roles and responsibilities. Platforms for engagement are required to achieve climate readiness, improve decision making, develop strategies and ensure implementation.
Nazanin Alakija, founder, The S.A.G.E Innovation Centre, reveals that there is now a critical need for attention to be paid towards climate change especially in continents or regions plagued by poverty.
“I believe that climate change is the greatest threat and defining issue of our time which has led to hazard and degradation, thereby posing great threats to lives and property globally,” Alakija.
“So, S.A.G.E Innovation Centre is borne out of my vision to help combat the effects of climate change upon us and ensure we win the war against environmental pollution of all sorts.”
She explained that Nigeria needs to transition into a ‘Green Economy’ and stakeholders in all sectors of the economy need to understand and start formulating ways to implement programs that would ensure the realization of such goals in the society.
Nazanin Alakija is a UNICEF influencer and a fearless advocate for youths, safe environment and the planet.
- NLNG to pay $100,000 to 2019 science prize winner
- Youths to El-Rufai: our godfather is progressive
- Lagos explains new resumption dates for primary school
- Alex Ekubo, Sophie Alakija others in new movie ‘Love or Quest’
- VIACOM THRIVES ON CONNECTION TO YOUNG PEOPLE, SAYS BADA AKINTUNDE-JOHNSON
- [VIDEO] Agaba Ft. Mr Mac – Africans Wake Up
- Dangote, Adenuga, Alakija rank among richest Bla
- Children are leaving schools for markets where there are more people – Bishop Oyedepo reacts to closure of schools over coronavirus
- ‘Buhari’s re-election best for Nigeria’
- Cut cost to implement N30,000 minimum wage, Makinde advised
- Blaqbonez – Haba
- Nigeria future of the world —German envoy
- Buhari for ground-breaking of Transportation varsity in Daura
- Sony Music West Africa welcomes Oluwaseun Lloyd as General Manager
- RENOVATING THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY