The Appeal Court in Owerri, Imo State, on Thursday struck out a suit challenging the emergence of Uche Nwosu as the authentic Imo State governorship candidate of the Action Alliance (AA) in the March 9 governorship elections.
Justice R.C Agbo ruled that the appeal was statute barred in line with the virtue of the 4th Alteration of the 1999 Constitution, Section 285(12).
The Plaintiff, Mr. Leonard Okolienta, had appealed the judgment of the lower Court, which earlier ruled that Nwosu was the authentic governorship candidate.
- News Today :The judgment delivered against APC in Zamfara state by the supreme court is a fight back by the judiciary in Nigeria it is not a reflection of will of the people. – By Micheal shote.
- PDP secretariat in Bayelsa allegedly vandalized and set on fire after Supreme Court judgement (video)
- Fayemi, Oni: What next after Supreme Court verdict?
- ‘Money laundering’: Jonathan’s ex-aide Dudafa awaits judgment date
- Lesbian group drags CAC to Court of Appeal
- Kalu to court: Free me on bail, I need my herbalist . Senator tendered one-year-old medical report, says EFCC
- Court asks Buhari, NJC,others to justify Muhammad’s choice for CJN
- Nwosu to Ihedioha: focus on governance
- ALGON slams Makinde for plans to appoint caretaker chairmen
- Closure of AIT, others: Court orders maintenance of status quo as at May 30