Four suspected cultists were killed during a clash between two rival cult groups of Aiye and Eiye in Ajah area of Lagos State on Sunday.
A very reliable source told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos that two suspects were arrested by operatives from police Area “J” Command, Ajah over the killings.
Sources told NAN that the cult groups had been at logger heads over supremacy in the Sangotedo area of Ajah in recent times.
NAN learnt that the suspected cultists used machetes and other dangerous weapons in the fight and inflicted fatal wounds on themselves.
“The police recovered four dead bodies and deposited them at the public mortuary. Three cutlesses were also recovered from the suspects.
“Security has been beefed-up in the area with more patrol policemen deployed. The area is calm now,” the source told NAN.
NAN further learnt that policemen were also combing the bushes on the road between Ogonbo community and Abraham Adesanya Estate in Ajah area for more victims.
The spokesman for the police in Lagos, DSP Bala Elkana, did not respond to calls and messages sent to him for the command’s reaction to the killings as at press time. (NAN)
DISCLAIMER: Comments on this thread are that of the maker and they do not necessarily reflect the organizations stand or views on issues.
- 86 suspected cultists arrested in Lagos, 11 pistols recovered
- Scores held as police battle criminals in Lagos, others
- 20 arrested over clash between Okada riders and police in Ijora, Lagos state (photo)
- Men who specialize in stealing cars from churches arrested in Lagos
- Police arrest eight suspected traffic robbers
- Six suspected kidnappers killed in shootout with police in Rivers
- Four suspected cultists held for ‘murder’
- EFCC arrests suspected fraudster, 26 others in Lagos
- 17 suspected cultists arrested in Lagos (photo)
- Police arrest armed robbery suspects in Nsukka
- Cult war: Despitated body litter Lagos communities..
- Policemen arrest fellow officers for collecting bribe in Lagos (video)
- Police recover Edo girl sold for N850,000
- Ritual killings: Ondo community praying, fasting
- 13 killed in fresh attack by herdsmen in Plateau state