Nigeria’s United Nations Action Award winner for Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) in 2018, the Creative Youth Community Development Initiative (CYCDI), has congratulated the newly sworn-in executive governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on his assumption of office.
In a statement issued in Basel, Switzerland, CYCDI CEO/Project Director, Foluke Michael, indicated that of all states in Nigeria, Lagos still possesses the biggest potential to give expression to the values of the United Nations SDGs solution, majorly deriving from its ever-growing population and the focus of earlier administrations in the state towards achieving a sustainable mega city status.
”We at CYCDI are indeed very happy that Lagos State has a new governor, who among other qualities possessed, is a believer in the SDGs cause which means that creative solutions to curb and eliminate world problems as proposed by the United Nations would receive fair attention and better implementation under his administration,” she said.
To further drive the initiative, CYCDI has partnered one of Nigeria’s leading strategic management outfits, CITC, to help expand on the offerings of her creative product, Solution17, which earned her the award and has put the organization on the world map as one of the frontline campaigners of the goals.
Managing Consultant of CITC, Tayo Orekoya, equally extended congratulations to the new governor. He stated that being an integral part of the brains behind the state’s development blueprint, Governor Sanwo-Olu is well primed and positioned to deliver on the demands of the UN SDGs objective for the state.
- Sanwo-Olu gets kudos over amnesty for crime perpetrators
- Muslim students to Sanwo-Olu: give priority to education sector
- ‘Why Ambode was absent at Sanwo-Olu’s inauguration’
- Runsewe commends Emefiele for creative industry financing initiative
- Ambode greets Sanwo-Olu
- I never said I will not ban Okada – Governor Sanwo-Olu reacts to viral video of him at The Platform
- Sanwo-Olu warns VIO, LASTMA against molesting motorists
- Lagos CRPP: Sanwo-Olu’s election free and fair
- Sanwo-Olu appoints Docemo as LASAA MD
- Sanwo-Olu’s wife hails religious leaders for ensuring peace in Lagos
- Sanwo-Olu signs N873.5 budget, other bills into law
- Lagos beggars protest at Governor Sanwo-Olu’s office and House of Assembly (photos/video)
- Greater Lagos Extravaganza kicks off one-week party today
- I Go Dye congratulates Omo-Agege
- Diri seeks Jonathan’s, Lyon’s support