The 2017 single by the afrobeats singer, Davido, continues to soar in the American market.
In 2017, Davido released the second of his five monster hits. It was ‘Fall,’ which became an instant hit in Nigeria, other parts of Africa and in mainstream UK. This was after a frustrated Davido came back home due to an inability to catch a break in the American market.
During his ‘Ebro In The Morning‘ interview on Hot97, New York with Ebro Darden, Davido said he had already given up and was back to focus his energy on Africa again. But then, after he stopped trying, one of his 2017 singles which he recorded after he got back from the US has since become his breakout single in North America.
According to Billboard, in the week ending March 30, 2016, ‘Fall,’ which has been on the R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay Charts for six weeks fell from a peak position of number 17 to number 18.
Nonetheless, Davido took the biggest leap on this week’s “Emerging Artists” session of the Billboard charts. He moved up nine places from number 37 last week to a new peak position of number 28.
Davido continues to soar as we anticipate his sophomore album.
- Davido, Timbaland, Ludacris Working In A Studio In Miami
- Davido, Tiwa Savage & Mr. Eazi Cover Latest Billboard Edition
- Tory Lanez x Davido – Fall (Cover)
- Davido, Cardi B, others to thrill music lovers at New York’s Hot 97 Summer Jam.
- Davido says music makes Africa great in his interview with Vice News
- Davido ft. Nicki Minaj (Prod. by Speroach Beatz)
- This Uber Driver That Picked Up Davido Will Brighten Your Day With His Excitement.
- Davido Ft. Young Thug – Lady
- Mavin’s new signee Rema, sets Apple Music record
- MTN may list on NSE next week
- B-Red – Fall Again
- Davido’s LIT Performance at J.Cole’s Dreamville Festival (Video)
- “If there’s a problem, it’s you my guy” Davido slams record producer who accused Peruzzi of signing with DMW while still signed with him
- Koker – Bad
- Skip Marley – Slow Down (Remix) Ft. Davido, Oxlade & H.E.R