Edo women under auspices of the Female Opinion Leaders (FOL) drawn from across the 18 local government areas has sued for peace among warring political actors in the All Progressives Congress ahead of the 2020 governorship election.
The group condemned campaign of calumny mounted against Governor Godwin Obaseki by some APC leaders saying such ugly trend was capable of generating crisis in the polity which would do no one any good.
Spokesperson for FOL, Mrs. Nosakhare Ikponmwosa, appealed to leaders and stakeholders to rally round Governor Godwin Obaseki to enable him have a second term in office to provide dividends of democracy to the people.
Ikponmwosa urged Edo residents not to lose focus in their support for Obaseki, saying that the ‘Wake and See’ posture of the administration has proven itself with laudable achievements in road construction, regular payment of monthly salary to workers, pensioners; improvement in education sector and other core areas of development in the state.
“We hereby wish to call on all Edo citizens and residents not to be misled by these misrepresentations. We align ourselves with the views of millions of well-meaning stakeholders in the state who opine that Governor Obaseki, the Wake and See Governor should be allowed to continue to focus on the delivery of people oriented dividends, characteristics of his strategic leadership”.
“The stance of these distractors is seriously misguided. Their imaginative assessment geared towards running him down in view of the next Edo state gubernatorial election, still 12 months away, is highly misplaced and premature,” they said.
- ‘It’s too early to fight for governorship’
- Edo state governor, Godwin Obaseki, threatens to expel Adams Oshiomole from APC
- Efficient Health Insurance Scheme’ll attract investment to healthcare sector – Obaseki
- Adams Oshiomhole’s mum rejects Governor Obaseki’s Christmas gifts
- Human Rights Day: Obaseki assures on protection of citizens’ rights, justice delivery
- Edo brings healthcare to frontburner
- Fayemi, Oni: What next after Supreme Court verdict?
- Workers’ Day: Obaseki lauds Edo workers’ dedication, dexterity
- Abia is the only state mentioned in the bible, Coronavirus will pass us by- Governor Okezie Ikpeazu (video)
- Nwosu to Ihedioha: focus on governance
- Ogun APM Guber Candidate Returns to APC
- Ambode inaugurates jetty, ferries
- APC candidates reject Adamawa council election
- APC senatorial candidate leads 20,000 supporters back to PDP
- Deltans thank Okowa, Ibori for a stronger Delta