Just last session, Blessing Ugbebor, was a Primary Six pupil of Olowora Primary School, Ketu in Lagos State with thoughts of probably attending the public secondary school closest to her home.
But today, she is a pupil of Mind Builders High School, Ikeja and is getting ready for her promotion examinations to JSS2.
Her fate changed last July when Mind Builders donated a building to her school in celebration of its 20th anniversary. Her impressive delivery of the vote of thanks at the event was what qualified her to write the school’s scholarship examination, which she passed.
Blessing visited her former school recently in company of the Principal and Vice Principal of Mind Builders High School, Mr Francis Fasuyi and Mr Olubunmi Aluko, to encourage the pupils to put their best into the school’s scholarship examination for them to join her there.
For the 11-year-old, it was a homecoming of sorts. She is enjoying a N1million per annum worth of scholarship for her secondary school education.
Blessing addressed the pupils at the assembly and reminded them how she became a recipient of the scholarship in Mind Builders High School.
She said: “At the 20th anniversary of Mind Builders School, I was called to give the vote of thanks and as fate would have it, an invited guest, Sir Gbenga Badejo, identified me as somebody that required assistance and took up the responsibility of my six year secondary education in collaboration with the Board of Mind Builders School, provided I am successful in the scholarship entrance examination.
“I was lucky to be among the five awardees of the scholarship. This is a dream I never believed in my wildest imagination could come true, and for this I am very grateful to God for the all-round transformation in my life for the past one year as a secondary school student in Mind Builders High School.
“I want to say that this is the beginning of my survival journey towards being a Medical Doctor and I wish to encourage the current Primary six pupils of Olowora that will qualify to sit for the entrance examination into Mind Builders High School later in the month to be serious in their studies.”
Olowora Primary School Head Teacher and the immediate past Head Teacher , Mrs Falusi and Mrs F O Olarewaju were present at the event.
- Council chair urges more attention on children’s welfare
- Ghanaian varsity offers $40,000 scholarship to UTME best, Ekene
- CAMPUS LIFE: I targeted 370, says UTME best Ekene
- Certificate forgery: Court nullifies nomination of Adeleke for Osun guber poll
- Photos of another dilapidated primary school in Kebbi where pupils sit on bare floor
- Secondary School Closed After Students Held Wedding Ceremonies Among Selves
- Campaign Organisation reacts to judgment nullifying candidacy of Adeleke
- 14-year-old boy offers to sell his kidney to pay his school fees
- Osun gov’rshp poll: Why court judgement nullifying my candidacy will not stand – Adeleke
- 75,020 pupils to benefit as Osinbajo launches feeding programme in Ekiti
- CAMPUS LIFE: UNILAG condemns child molestation
- FG postponed the reopening of schools from 29 June See New Date.
- Live Updates: Ita-Faji Lagos school building collapse
- Three teachers killed, one abducted as Al Shabaab terrorists attack primary school in Garissa, Kenya
- Governor Zulum gifts the only teacher he met in a public school during an unscheduled visit N100k, promotes her (video)