After managing to qualify for the knock out stage of the ongoing FIFA U-20 World cup in Poland, Flying Eagles have settled down in Lodz ahead of the Monday decider against African brothers Senegal.
The Paul Aigbogun led side posted a disappointing outing against USA in the second group match and managed to hold group leaders Ukraine to a 1-1 draw on Thursday but moved on as one of the best third placed teams, thanks to an impressive run in the opener when the team won 4-0 against Qatar.
The Nigeria football Federation Saturday informed that the team vacated their Qubus Hotel Bielsko-Biala for a three hour ride to Lodz, where they have already settled down with a feel of the stadium and first training in Lodz or lined up as activities for the day.
Nigerians who have reacted to the performance of the team so far in Poland, say the technical crew and the boys should see their qualification to the round of 16 as a near miracle which must be consolidated upon.
They reminded the team not to expect a tea party against junior Taranga Lions who are ready to fight to the finish.
The Senegalese have had an impressive run in Poland so far winning two of their group matches and pulling a draw in the last one and ending up as Group A leaders.
The team will no doubt be hoping to continue their fine ride an indication that they will take the fight right to the door steps of Coach Aigbogun and his boys on Monday.
- Olakira – In My Maserati
- 35 mourners die and 48 injured during stampede at funeral of Iranian General Qassem Soleimani
- Oblast ft Mr Gbafun – Benefit Boys
- Owner of football club Steaua Bucharest accuses his players of having too much sex and not being able to perform on the pitch
- Joseph Yobo appointed as Super Eagles’ Assistant Coach
- Why I’ll allow my husband to have girlfriend – Actress
- Saudi Arabia sentences man to death for stabbing four actors during theatre performance (Video)
- SPORT LIFE: Flying Eagles thrash Qatar 4-0
- APBN urged to sanction accountants that audited collapsed banks
- Ayo Jay – Whine Pon It