Five persons were Saturday night confirmed dead and nine others injured after a Toyota Hiace bus crashed at Sagamu, Ogun State.
The crash, which occurred near Danco Petrol Station around 9:20pm, was caused by speeding, it was learnt.
The five who died were passengers on the bus with plate number LSR642XB.
Confirming the incident, Ogun Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) Clement Oladele said the victims comprised 10 men and four women.
He said those who sustained injuries were rushed to Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital (OOUTH) Sagamu while the deceased were deposited at the hospital’s mortuary.
“It was a lone crash and the cause was speed violation. We cleared the obstruction same night to allow free flow of traffic,” Oladele said.
“We commiserate with families of the victims and at the same time urge people whose relatives travelled with the bus to contact the Ogun FRSC command or OOUTH for details on the crash.
“Once again, we are emphasising the need for motorists to drive cautiously within the recommended speed of 50km/h at construction sites. Passengers in vehicles driven recklessly should caution their driver and where such driver refuses, they can call the FRSC toll-free number 122,” he said.
- 14-year-old boy offers to sell his kidney to pay his school fees
- Kobe Bryant Helicopter Crash: Eight victims named
- Dah Face today : AfrikanBaze Face of dah week August Edition- Ritzy [aka Alhaji Infinix]
- Six killed as gunmen attack convoy of Emir of Potiskum
- Police officer allegedly shoots corps member dead and injures driver during an argument in Bayelsa (graphic photo)
- M CELEBRITIES COME TOGETHER ON TRAFFIC RULES
- Speed Darlington threatens to tie Tunde Ednut’s future and get him deported for claiming he made him popular. Nigerians react (videos)
- Road Accident Claims 19 Lives in Katsina
- Speed Darlington – In Eko
- One week after, abducted Ondo monarch’s wife, daughters regain freedom
- CAMPUS LIFE: Christ’s School Alumni seek freedom for abducted member
- Ukrainian passenger plane carrying 176 people crashes in Iran shortly after takeoff
- All passengers perish as tipper lorry rams into bus in Enugu (graphic photos)
- Traffic warden’s mannerisms causes observers to argue about his gender (video)
- This Uber Driver That Picked Up Davido Will Brighten Your Day With His Excitement.