Kaduna State Governor Malam Nasir Ahmad has asked Kaduna residents to forgive him in advance.
According to him, he would continue to take very tough and painful decisions.
This was as he announced that his government has approved six months maternity leave for female public servants to encourage healthy development of infants through prolonged breastfeeding.
El-Rufai, who was sworn-in alongside his deputy, Dr. Hadiza Balarabe, acknowledged that the challenges confronting his government were numerous and hard.
But, he expressed confidence that with hard work and support of the people, the challenges would be surmounted.
Some of the tough decisions of El-Rufai’s government during his first term include demolition of houses and structures encroaching into government institutions, sack of 21,000 ‘incompetent’ primary school teachers and many District Heads, among others.
Addressing the crowd at the Murtala Mohammed Square Kaduna, El-Rufai said: “The challenges confronting us are numerous and they are hard. But if we do our job well, we will solve them, with your help, support and prayers.”
We will continue to take very difficult, and sometime painful decisions. We ask your understanding and forgiveness in advance.
- Forgive me, I’ll take more tough decisions, El-Rufai tells Kaduna people
- El-Rufai revokes Abacha property’s C-of-O over debt
- PDP governors reject el-Rufai in two-man race for NGF chairman
- 9th Speaker: Gbajabiamila is Buhari’s choice – El Rufai
- Youths to El-Rufai: our godfather is progressive
- AfrikanBaze Artiste : Vision, Mission, Purpose & Goal – 300 artiste To Go
- Fintiri appoints SSG, media aides
- I was trained to destroy my opponents – El-Rufai’s son, Bello comments on Shehu Sani’s arrest by the EFCC
- Insecurity: Navy to take delivery of new ships, aircraft
- 12 Kaduna members-elect back Gbajabiamila/Wase for House leadership
- Peterside: Buhari committed to Nigeria’s growth
- Two street light cable vandals arrested in Lagos
- North has highest population of illiterates – Former Governor of Kaduna State, Mukhtar Yero
- Let’s go dancing with Dalung
- 2019 was not a successful year for Nigerians, we’re still in the throes of economic instability – Atiku Abubakar