A Kano-based Non Governmental Organisation (NGO), Giwa Getso Foundation, is to offer free eye treatment to 400 patients in eight local government areas of the state.
The Chairman of the organisation, Alhaji Bala Mohammed-Getso made this known in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kano yesterday.
He said the exercise which is in the spirit of Ramadan, would commence on Friday at Gwarzo and Karaye general hospitals.
According to him, interested patients from Gwarzo, Kabo, Rimin Gado, Shanono and Bagwai Local Government Areas were expected to converge on Gwarzo General Hospital on Friday, and Saturday.
He said patients wishing to attend the exercise from Karaye, Rogo, and Kiru Local Government Areas would be attended to at Karaye General Hospital on Friday, May 17 and Saturday, May 18.
“The Foundation is hereby calling on all those with eye ailments from the above mentioned local government areas to attend the exercise on the stated dates,” he said.
- Rivers guber poll: Wike claims 8 of 9 LGAs so far collated
- ABUAD to train unemployed graduates
- Govt should bear the cost of managing chronic diseases – Expert
- Rivers guber poll: INEC resumes collation of results; 6 LGAs announced
- CAMPUS LIFE: Osun Poly students set school clinic ablaze over student’s death
- Doctors bemoan state of public hospitals
- We can see faintly now, say Kaduna eye patients blinded by injection
- Masari prays for victims of banditry, kidnapping in Katsina
- Be available for our people, Ugwuanyi tells local govt officers
- APC candidates reject Adamawa council election
- FORUM Nnamani seeks increased enlightenment, funding of sickle cell societies
- Bandits release Zamfara district head after payment of N5 million, demand two brand new motorbikes as ransom for his son
- New Emirs appointed before court order, says Ganduje
- Lassa fever kills four in Kogi
- Read the last chat of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student who committed suicide