The 30-minute magazine programme, African Voices, sponsored by the digital transformation leader, Globacom, on the Cable News Network (CNN), this week beams its searchlights on the efforts and achievements of two pilots and a paraglider whose fascinating stories viewers will find inspiring.
The latest edition of the programme showing from Friday will profile the trio of David Eris Nguruga, a hot air balloon pilot from Kenya; Tumi Carter Katisi, a commercial pilot from Pimville, Soweto in South Africa and Hans Joachim, a paraglider from Mauritius.
Nguruga, who as a child, had the dream of flying airplanes, has lived the dream in the last 12 years romancing with hot air balloons. In the course of the show, the Kenyan nostalgically takes viewers through his trajectory. He said: “I had developed a liking for flying airplanes when I was a kid. I remember, we were having lunch and this fighter jet came out. I stepped on my food just to see this plane. I was like, ‘whoa’. I said I want to be in one. So, I think I developed that from my childhood but never thought that I could do it”. The most interesting part of his story is his growth from being a member of the crew to a pilot.
- Vanessa Bryant files wrongful death lawsuit against Helicopter Co. over the demise of her husband and daughter, claims pilot was reckless
- BBNaija winner, Miracle, now certified Instrument Rated Pilot
- Blac Chyna slams Kylie Jenner for taking her daughter Dream Kardashian on a trip in the helicopter that Kobe Bryant and 8 others died in
- The helicopter Kobe Bryant and eight others were travelling in didn’t have black box
- Download Mp3: VJ Adams ft. M.I Abaga, Nonso Bassey – My Dream
- Nigeria anxiously waiting for result of trial vaccine in Malawi – FG
- Blessing Ft Wharspy Jay – Night Dream Mixed By CMS
- 14-year-old boy offers to sell his kidney to pay his school fees
- I wasn’t interested in Vera Sidika from the onset – Otile Brown
- iLLbliss – Remember ft. Johnny Drille
- we won’t be using your hungry airline again” – Naira Marley slams Execujet for calling them ‘useless’
- Kehinde Bankole unveils jewelry collection
- “What is coming is better than what is gone” Damilola Adegbite says as she remembers that she got married on this day 5 years ago
- Naira Marley – As E Dey Go
- Superstory crowned “TV Drama of the Year” at NMMA 2019