Your liver is an indispensable organ that keeps your digestive system working optimally without overloading your body. That’s why keeping a healthy liver is of utter importance.
Why is it so important to have a healthy liver?
This organ is responsible for removing toxins from your bloodstream, because it acts as a filter.
- It stores vitamins and minerals.
- Your liver converts stored sugars into energy that your body can use.
- It produces bile and helps digest fats.
- It can also be very important when it comes to maintaining a healthy weight.
- An unhealthy diet can lead to the development of liver diseases like hepatitis, cirrhosis, fatty liver disease, and cancer.
Foods that prevent your liver from being healthy
Eating desserts, sugary sodas, candies, and other kinds of sweets made with refined sugars are all risk factors because they trigger liver diseases such as fibrosis.
Too much salt intake increases your blood pressure, as well as your risk of fatty liver disease. It’s important to read the labels on the products you eat to check the amount of added sodium.
Alcoholic beverages interfere with your liver’s normal function.
They produce a chemical imbalance and destroy liver cells, which can lead to hepatitis or cirrhosis.
4. Saturated fats
Fatty foods have lots of calories and high triglyceride levels (which can damage the liver).
To maintain a healthy liver you need to reduce your consumption of butter, fatty meats, mayonnaise, cream, and sausage.
5. White and refined flours
Carbohydrate consumption in large quantities can prevent your body from using fat as energy . Rather than burning it, it causes it to accumulate.
- Carbohydrates also increase your insulin levels, and insulin resistance is the leading cause of many heart diseases.
- Your body transforms excess carbohydrates into glycogen and stores them in the liver.
- There, the carbohydrates are converted into fat and stored in adipose tissue. The result is weight gain and obesity.
6. Very spicy food
Eating too much spicy food can damage your liver. It’s important not to consume too many spicy dishes because it can result in digestive problems.
Your liver could suffer from irreversible damage.
7. Fried foods
Fats, or lipids, are nutrients found in food that are used to build tissue and the membranes of your cells.
The problem is that when you consume them in excess, they are harmful to your health and that of your liver.
The fats you consume that don’t get converted to energy become fat cells.
The primarily become abdominal adiposity, which carries serious risks of developing different diseases, such as:
Some medications can have side effects if they’re taken incorrectly or when mixed with alcohol.
If you self-medicate, your liver can suffer serious damage. That’s why it’s best to visit an expert and get a proper diagnosis for any prescriptions you might need.
To keep your liver healthy, you should follow these recommendations:
- Keep a balanced diet with plenty of vitamins, minerals, and fiber
- Increase your consumption of fruits, vegetables, and legumes
- Eat low-fat white meat, fish, or chicken without the skin
- Choose raw salads
- Drink two to three liters of water a day
- Drink herbal teas that aid in digestion (chamomile, mallow, cedron…)
- Limit your alcohol consumption
- Monitor your body weight, as being both over or underweight can trigger alterations in the liver tissues
- Get regular exercise
- Get enough sleep
- Avoid tobacco use
- Keep your stress levels low
Remember that poor nutrition doesn’t have to do with how much food you eat, but rather the quality of your food.
A person can be overweight but deficient in vitamins and nutrients in spite of eating a large amount of food with an unbalanced diet.
If you have any doubts about your diet, it’s a good idea to visit a dietitian to clarify any questions and guide you toward healthier choices.
A good diet is essential for taking care of your health!
- The Difference Between VLDL and LDL……… By Dr~protocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: Healthy habits that will keep Kidney happy… By Dr~protocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: here are the symptoms of high cholesterol you shouldn’t ignore… By Dr~protocol
- These 3 Kinds Of Diet Are More Harmful Than Smoking
- HEALTH UPDATE: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HEPATITIS…. By Dr~Protocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: Here’s everything you need to know about instant noodles… By Dr~protocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: Here are some quality signals your liver send you when it loaded with toxic… By Dr~Protocol
- Health benefits of eating carrots… By Dr~Protocol
- Health benefits of drinking water— By Dr~Protocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: Reason why you should eat more avacados fruit… By Dr~protocol
- Nine health benefits of tiger nuts….. By Dr~protocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: HOW TO DETOXIFY YOUR BODY EVERY DAY… By Dr~protocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: Here’s the secret to healthy eyes
- HEALTH UPDATE: Here are the five most common conditions that can lead to faecal incontinence. By Dr~protocol
- What Develops If You Eat Carbohydrates In Ketosis?