According to recent studies, as many as one in five adult women suffers from uncontrolled bowel movements. This is also a problem in men, but tends to be more common in women.
Diarrhoea can be caused by many conditions such as a viral or bacterial stomach infection, food poisoning, too much alcohol or a drastic change in diet. An involuntary bowel movement can, however, be more debilitating when it’s caused by a chronic disease such as irritable bowel syndrome.
2. Nerve damage
Any damage or injury to the nerves that make you feel the sensation of stool in the rectum or that control the anal sphincter could cause incontrollable bowel movements. Nerve damage can be caused by many factors such as childbirth or constant straining (if you suffer from chronic constipation).
Other chronic diseases such as diabetes or multiple sclerosis can also cause damage to the nerve points near the rectum if left unmanaged.
Physical injury to the spinal cord as the result of an accident can also cause nerve damage.
3. Radiation treatment
Radiation around the area of the scrotum and rectum is often applied as treatment for prostate cancer. While radiation is designed to zap the cancerous cells, the surrounding healthy cells may also be affected, causing injury that can lead to faecal incontinence.
Doctors do their best to eliminate exposure that may cause these side effects, but the risk is always present.
After an event such as a stroke, cognitive function can become impaired. There are many reasons why this may happen. The area of the brain that controls bowel movements may become impaired as a result of a stroke, or a patient might not be fully conscious and may have a bowel movement without being aware of it.
According to the Alzheimer’s Association, many people experience either urinary or faecal incontinence in the later stages of the disease. This can be caused by various factors. A person can become unable to realise that they need to go to the loo, they may forget where the bathroom is located, or physical impairment or a loss of motor skill might make it difficult for them to get to the bathroom or remove clothing in time.
Medical advice and information team wants you and those close to you to live a healthy life, happy life! Your health is valuable thing, look after your body, your organs and your mind so that you can live your life to the fullest. Take full responsibility of your health.
Remember you only get one.
- HEALTH UPDATE: Beating the glaucoma challenge
- HEALTH UPDATE: We need to be aware of all the signs of Stroke. By Dr~protocol I
- Here are the five wrong ways you are using the toilet
- Overcoming pain
- HEALTH UPDATE: here are the symptoms of high cholesterol you shouldn’t ignore… By Dr~protocol
- Run To Your Doctor If You Experience Any of These Stomach Pains…. By Dr~Protocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: Some eyes problem you can prevent
- HEALTH UPDATE: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HEPATITIS…. By Dr~Protocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: Symptoms of Kidneys disease in diabetes patient…. By Dr~Protocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: Here’s everything you need to know about instant noodles… By Dr~protocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: Identification of some health problems through bad breath….. By Dr~Protocol
- How You Sleep May Cause Shoulder Pain!
- Here are some early warning Signs of stoke you need to know… Dr~Protocol
- Vybz Kartel – Jump On The Beat (Remix) Ft. Chronic Law
- HEALTH UPDATE: Everything you need to know about ear-wax and removal…. By Dr~protocol