Heart attack remains world’s number one killer disease.
While chest pain or pressure, cold sweat or extreme weakness are some of the most common signs of a heart attack, there are other more subtle signs people who are about to have a heart attack could miss.
If you experience any of the following symptoms, see a doctor. Noticing heart attack signs early and getting prompt treatment can save your life.
This is one of the most common symptoms seen in heart attack patients, especially women. People on the verge of a heart attack may feel very tired and unable to perform their usual activities. According to Mentorbay Medical Consultant this is because, during a heart attack, blood flow to the heart is reduced, putting extra stress on the muscle, which could make you feel exhausted. To be safe, do not hesitate to ask your doctor to do an electrocardiogram (EKG), which checks heart activity. It can detect a heart attack.
2. Shortness of breath
It’s not alarming to gasp for air after running up a flight of stairs. However, if you suddenly find yourself gasping for air or feeling fatigued or breathless after waking up or at a time when you normally wouldn’t, it is a sign that something could be wrong. According to Mentorbay Medical Consultant, the heart plays a key role in transporting oxygen to the rest of your body and removing carbon dioxide from tissues, so blocked blood flow to the heart could affect your breathing.
If you experience out of the ordinary or heartburn has never bothered you before, call your doctor because it could signal a heart attack. A heartburn-like chest pain is caused by lack of blood flow to the heart, which is what happens during a heart attack.
4. Stomach upset
Heart attack symptoms can sometimes mimic stomach problems like nausea, vomiting, or overall gastrointestinal upsets. It could be what you ate or a catastrophic heart problem.
5. Soreness in the back, arms, or chest
Pain or soreness in any of these areas is usually a sign of a silent heart attack. Heart muscle cells lose oxygen during a heart attack because of a blocked artery preventing oxygenated blood from feeding them. When this happens, the muscle sends off pain signals through the nervous system. The pain is not always accompanied by the typical chest heaviness associated with heart attack, and so people tend to ignore it. If you feel a new, worrisome symptom, you should see a doctor.
6. Discomfort in throat, neck, or jaw
Another heart attack indicator could be an unexplained discomfort of the neck or jaw or a never-felt-before tightness in the throat. People with diabetes especially have to pay attention to subtle changes like this because they have trouble feeling sensations.
7. An overall feeling that something is wrong
Always listen to that little voice in your head warning you that something feels off. Some doctors report their patients feeling less mentally sharp just before a heart attack. It is always better to be overly cautious and call a doctor than to ignore these signs.
- Common pains in people with HIV/AIDs
- These are the warning signs of high blood sugar when you wee. When you could be at risk… By Dr~ Protocol
- Run To Your Doctor If You Experience Any of These Stomach Pains…. By Dr~Protocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: Symptoms of Kidneys disease in diabetes patient…. By Dr~Protocol
- Here are the four diseases you can spot from looking at your feet… By Dr~Protocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: The role of vitamin D in our Body System
- Here are some early warning Signs of stoke you need to know… Dr~Protocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: Here are the 10 quality Signs You’re Eating Too Much Sugar…. By Dr~protocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: here are the symptoms of high cholesterol you shouldn’t ignore… By Dr~protocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: Here are some quality signals your liver send you when it loaded with toxic… By Dr~Protocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: Here’s what your period colours says about your overall health… By Dr~Protocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: Everything you need to know about the poor blood circulation to our body system.
- Here are the 5 quality ways to keep your heart Healthy….. By Dr~Protocol
- My giant chest is ruining my life – Woman with 38KK breasts cries out (Photos)
- HEALTH UPDATE: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HEPATITIS…. By Dr~Protocol