Diabetes type 2 risk could be lowered by making some diet or lifestyle changes. You could prevent high blood sugar symptoms by avoiding this breakfast drink. Are you at risk of diabetes signs and symptoms?
Diabetes is caused by the pancreas not producing enough of the hormone insulin, or the body not reacting to insulin. Without enough insulin, the body struggles to convert sugar in the blood into useable energy.
But making some dietary changes could slash your chances of developing the high blood sugar condition. Drinking fruit juice could be raising your risk of diabetes symptoms, it’s been claimed. Even 100 per cent fruit juice could be instigating some unwanted signs of diabetes, she said.
Instead, try swapping your fruit juice for a flavoured soda water, added the nutritionist.
“While fibre-rich whole fruits are considered healthy carbohydrates for people with diabetes, fruit juice is another story,” Bauer told Everyday Health. People with diabetes should avoid drinking juice, even 100 per cent fruit juice.
“Fruit juice contains more nutrition than soda and other sugary drinks, but the problem is that juices have concentrated amounts of fruit sugar and therefore cause your blood sugar to shoot up. Plus, sipping fruit juice doesn’t fill you up the same way that eating a piece of fruit does, because juice doesn’t have the same fibre that’s found in whole fruit. If you want a refreshing drink, go for zero-calorie plain or naturally flavoured seltzer with a spritz of lemon or lime.”
Diabetes UK said it’s best to stick to one small glass of fruit juice in a single day – the equivalent to 150ml. But, you should watch your carbohydrate intake and subsequent blood sugar levels after drinking the fruit juice.
Registered dietitian, Lucy Jones, speaking on behalf of the British Fruit Juice Association, said: “There is no evidence to suggest a small 150ml glass of fruit juice increases risk of diabetes.
Diabetes patients should also take care when drinking alcohol, Bauer warned. Even a small glass of wine can interfere with blood sugar levels, so it’s important to drink own moderation.
‘Moderation’ is generally understood to be no more than one serving a day for women, and no more than two for men.
- These are the warning signs of high blood sugar when you wee. When you could be at risk… By Dr~ Protocol
- Here are the three dangerous acholic you should avoid… By Dr~Protocol
- Why Bitter Leaf, Scent Leaf Improve Diabetes Medication Effectiveness —Experts
- HEALTH UPDATE: Here are the 10 quality Signs You’re Eating Too Much Sugar…. By Dr~protocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: Symptoms of Kidneys disease in diabetes patient…. By Dr~Protocol
- African Locust Beans Prevent Complications Of Diabetes —Scientists
- Health benefits of drinking water— By Dr~Protocol
- Nine health benefits of tiger nuts….. By Dr~protocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: Here are the things to do if you have UTI… By Dr~protocol
- Health benefits of eating carrots… By Dr~Protocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: Here’s everything you need to know about instant noodles… By Dr~protocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: Healthy habits that will keep Kidney happy… By Dr~protocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: Here are some things you need to avoid for you to have better healthy … By Dr~protocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: Does sobo drinks cause miscarriage?…. By Dr~Protocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: What you get from milk….. By Dr~protocol