Cut out alcohol, stop smoking and eat a Mediterranean type diet. This includes nuts, vegetables, salads, lean meats, wild salmon twice a week, olive oil, avocado and coconut oil. While she is doing this, she should convince her husband to do the same, as men’s sperm quality have been shown to be poor when he is drinking or smoking.
Apart from food intake the ratio between estrogen and progesterone is crucial in a woman for fertility. The saliva hormone level of progesterone to estrogen should be 200:1 or higher. A lot of women have estrogen levels that are too high, a condition called estrogen dominance. This undermines the maintenance of a pregnancy and leads to miscarriages. Once the placenta is well established in the womb, progesterone production comes mainly from there. A naturopath can help you with the initial bioidentical progesterone hormone treatment.
If you are trying to conceive despite having had regular unprotected intercourse for a year, you should look for other simple ways to try and boost your fertility. Your doctor will begin checking for reasons preventing conception after 1 year but he/she may advise you to start even after 6 months of trying seriously.
Your doctor will ask questions to find out possible medical causes for infertility. He/she will ask you questions about your sexual history and examine you clinically. An ultrasound examination of the abdomen and pelvis, blood investigations including hormonal evaluation will be done if needed. Your partner’s semen analysis will be done. If felt necessary, a test to check the patency of your fallopian tubes called a Hysterosalpingography (HSG) will be done. A laparoscopy may be needed to visualize the organs to diagnose any problem.
To increase your chances of conceiving, having intercourse as close as possible to ovulation will certainly help. Keep track of ovulation with the calendar method (ovulation occurs around 14 days before the menstrual period is due) or by using an ovulation predictor kit. Some other ways to boost your fertility are:
- Frequent sex boosts your chances of conceiving. Have a happy sex life. It’s important to have sex often throughout the month.
- Keep your weight under control: Keeping ahealthy weight can help you conceive. Being underweight or overweight can delay the time it takes a woman to conceive. Exercise regularly and eat healthy. The exercise will help boost the levels of endorphins and help you feel good about yourself.
- Control your intake of coffee and alcohol. Drinking too much coffee or too much alcohol can impair a woman’s fertility: moderation is the key-1-2 cups of coffee would be fine. So also, more than two alcoholic drinks a day should be avoided when trying toget pregnant. You should not have alcohol at all once you are pregnant. Drinking while pregnant increases the risk of serious birth defects
- Quit smoking: Smokingcan impair both a woman’s and a man’s fertility. Smoking affects how receptive the uterus is to the egg. In men, smoking can reduce sperm production and damage DNA. Smoking while pregnant increases the risk of miscarriage.
So, stop worrying anymore about your financial status or its impact on your fertility. Relax and try to keep the stress levels down. Look for simple pleasures in life to bring the fun back into your life. Worrying will not improve your chances of conception but a positive attitude will definitely help!
Information Source : Apollo Fertility
For many couples trying to conceive, the journey can seem never ending – at the very least. If you can relate to this struggle, there are numerous factors that could be affecting your fertility, all of which need to be taken into consideration when trying to get pregnant.
Below is a list of 60 ways to boost your fertility; including advice from leading experts including Emma Cannon, Russell Davis, Dr Marilyn Glenville and Zita West – to name but a few.
Covering everything from fertility-boosting complementary therapies to nutrition and important lifestyle changes, we hope you find this guide useful and informative if you are trying to conceive.
We have put together guide Boost Fertility
There doesn’t appear to be any specific foods, drinks, or over the counter supplementation that have any real effect on fertility.
What can matter:
- The woman should try to stay healthy, not over weight, not under weight. On either end of the scale you may have trouble conceiving.
- Smoking cigarettes, drinking too much alcohol, and drinking too much caffeine can reduce fertility.
- STRESS. Too much stress can make things very difficult.
- A good, varied diet, not too much, not too little.
- Wear boxers, give your boys some breathing room
- Avoid hot tubs and saunas
- Don’t masturbate
Eggs – Vitamin D, B12, Protein
Make sure to find eggs which are farm fresh and have deep orange/yellow yolks. They are worth the extra cost as they provide much more nutrients and are cleaner than the general factory farmed egg. Some of the best places to find quality eggs are at the farmer’s market, neighbors or the health food store.
Nuts and Seeds – Omega 3, Zinc, Vitamin E, Protein
Eat nuts and seeds in their raw form as essential fatty acids and zinc are sensitive to heat and can be destroyed if cooked.
The best seeds and nuts for omega 3 are:
Walnuts – 1/4cup = 2,270mg
Flax seeds – 2 Tbs = 3,510mg
Hemp seeds – 3Tbs = 3,000mg
Chia seeds – 1Tbs = 2,300mg
The best seeds and nuts for zinc are:
Pumpkin – 1/4cup = 2.7mg
Sesame – 1/4cup =2.8mg
The best seeds and nuts for vitamin E are:
Sunflower Seeds – 1/4cup = 18.10mg
Almonds – 1/4cup = 8.97mg
The best seeds and nuts for iron are:
Pumpkin seeds – 1/4cup = 5.16mg
Sesame seeds – 1/4cup = 5.24mg
Grass-fed meats – Omega 3, Iron, B12, Protein
Grass-fed meats come from animals which have grazed in grass pasture and eaten fresh grass for most of their life. This meat has less fat and has a little bit stronger taste than corn fed meats, but it provides a lot more nutrients because the animals have eaten their natural diet. Grass-fed meats are high in omega 3, have been raised without antibiotics and hormones. Regular grocery store, factory raised meats are higher in omega 6 (we already get too much of this) and have been raised on GMO corn which fattens them up, but is not their natural diet (GMO foods have been linked to infertility). They are also fed hormones and antibiotics regularly which can impact your hormonal balance and immune system.
Dark leafy Vegetables – Iron, Folic acid, B6, Vitamin E
Dark leafy vegetables are packed with minerals, antioxidants and vitamins essential to healthy fertility. Examples of dark leafy green vegetables are spinach, Swiss chard, kale, and collards.
Fruit – Vitamin C, Flavonoids, Variety of antioxidants
Fruits are the foods highest in antioxidants per serving. Some of the fruits highest in antioxidants are prunes, pomegranates, raisins, blueberries and strawberries. Remember that antioxidants are heat sensitive, so to get their benefit eat your fruit fresh, ripe and raw.
Colorful veggies – B6, Vitamin C
The color of a vegetable will tell you what nutrients and benefits it will provide for your body. For instance vegetables that are red or green in color are high in vitamin C. Vegetables that are orange have high vitamin A. White vegetables tend to have sulfur, etc. The easiest way to get a ton of nutrients is to eat a wide variety of vegetables. Make sure you are eating a variety of colors daily. The easiest way to do this is to eat either a salad, stir-fry or fresh vegetable juice daily.
Fish and Shell Fish – Vitamin D, Omega 3, Zinc, Selenium, B12, CoQ10
Fish and shell fish (muscles, clams, etc) are some of the most nutrient dense foods we can eat. Fish provides an abundance of essential fatty acids, vitamin D, zinc, B12, selenium and CoQ10. The catch is that most of these nutrients are heat sensitive so remember this while you are preparing these foods. If you are concerned about the water source of your fish, eat fish from cold waters or you can include a purified cod liver oil supplement into your diet. Try to avoid farmed fish as they will not have the high amounts of omega 3 and have been fed antibiotics.
Liver – Vitamin D, Zinc, Selenium, Iron, Folic Acid, B12, CoQ10
Liver is one of the most prized and nutrient dense foods available. Across the board liver is very high in vitamin D, zinc, iron, folic acid and B12.
Lentils and other beans – Iron, Folic Acid
Just 1 cup of cooked lentils provides 90% of your daily folic acid needs. And if you get sick of lentils, garbanzo and pinto beans follow close behind. Learn to get creative with your beans. You can use them to make soups, hummus, as a side dish, in stir-fry and even in brownies.
Raw or cultured dairy – Vitamin D, B12, Zinc
Raw dairy is basically milk products which have not been pasteurized, so they still have their important enzymes and delicate nutrients intact. Also, raw dairy comes from cows that are grass/pasture fed and do not receive hormones or antibiotics.
- A healthy mind that is at peace , which says a lot abotu what to avoid
- Plant-based diet + B12, which says enough about what to avoid
- Enough normal physical activity, like regular walking and not being sedentary
If this base of general health is present, and no results are observed, you may want to seek help. You can seek help even before.
Foods are not medicine and no “miracle” foods exist. Eat a varied diet, following the universally available guidelines for healthy nutrition.
And follow the recommendations of your primary doctor and your Ob-Gyn physician!
Pregnancy is the best time to pamper yourself but you also need to take care of yourself in a good way. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables, protein rich diet, nutritious food and lots of healthy fluids such as water, coconut water, lemon water and so on. Your baby is getting what you are eating. Therefore, ensure a good, healthy and protein rich diet for your baby. Happy Pregnancy!
- Eight fruits that can boost your ‘sex drive’…. By Dr~Protocol
- Eight fruits that can boost your ‘sex drive’– By Dr~Protocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: Here’s the secret to healthy eyes
- These 3 Kinds Of Diet Are More Harmful Than Smoking
- HEALTH UPDATE: Food that help reduced arthritis pains… By Dr~Prptocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: Foods for Healthy eyes… By Dr~protocol
- SOME QUALITY HORMONE BALANCING FOODS THAT ARE ALL-NATURAL AND HEALTHY FOR YOUR BODY SYSTEM…. By Dr~Protocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: The role of vitamin D in our Body System
- HEALTH UPDATE: Here are friendly food for people with Kidney problem…. By Dr~protocol
- Health benefits of eating carrots… By Dr~Protocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: What you get from milk….. By Dr~protocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: Here are some things you need to avoid for you to have better healthy … By Dr~protocol
- What Happens If You Drink Organic Milk Every Day
- HEALTH UPDATE: Health benefits for men…. By Dr~protocol
- HEALTH UPDATE: Reason why you should eat more avacados fruit… By Dr~protocol