Senator Hope Uzodinma of Imo State yesterday declared that he has no issues with his assets declaration form.
He wondered why the Special Presidential Investigative Panel for Recovery of Public Property (SPIP) was hell-bent on tarnishing his image.
The panel Chairman Okoi Obono-Obia, on Wednesday, announced that the panel was transferring cases of eight politically exposed persons to the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) for further investigation and possible prosecution.
He alleged that the eight persons, including former Senate President David Mark, Senator Hope Uzodinma and Senator Stella Odua, allegedly either acquired property beyond their legitimate earnings or suppressed facts about information in their assets declaration forms.
But Uzodinma yesterday denied the allegations, saying the release of the report was a deliberate and orchestrated attempt aimed at tarnishing his image for a pre-determined purpose.
According to a statement by the Director Media and Special Duties of Hope Uzodinma Campaign Organisation, Declan Mbadiwe Emelumba, the SPIP chief was always brandishing such a report at critical stages of the senator’s political career.
It said: “Obono-Obla engaged in a similar media trial of Senator Uzodinma shortly before the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship primaries in Imo State but the result was a disaster as the senator still became the APC flag bearer.
“Now, because they are afraid that Senator Uzodinma may be considered for a ministerial appointment, they have come out with the same old story dressed in another robe with the aim of whittling down his integrity; but as always, it won’t work.”
- HOMENEWSPOLITICSCOLUMNISTS BUSINESS EDITORIAL SPORTSHEALTHENTERTAINMENT MAGAZINE EDUCATION ONLINE SPECIALLIVE UPDATES Fed Govt charges NFF President Amaju Pinnick with $8,400, N4bn fraud
- I’ll not tolerate any more protests in Imo – Governor Uzodinma
- Yobe: Mai Mala, deputy submit assets declaration forms
- Falana, Fasanmi, Babatope others laud Buhari’s position on state police
- Breaking: Dino Melaye joins Kogi governorship race
- No law in Nigeria mandates Buhari to publicly declare his asset – Femi Adesina fires back at SERAP
- Tenure probe: EFCC seals off Saraki’s five assets in Lagos
- Police parade officers arrested for assaulting man for refusing to unlock his phone in Enugu
- ‘Panel of inquiry not solution to building collapse’
- EFCC charges governor-elect with ‘accepting gratification
- Human Rights Day: Obaseki assures on protection of citizens’ rights, justice delivery
- [ birthday] Queen of de South [ Ewuje Ellah ] Drop sexy picture for her birthday in flying color 📲⤵️📩
- Court halts further demolition of Saraki’s property
- Nigerian Institute of Journalism lecturer sacked for sexually assaulting a student
- Live Updates: Ita-Faji Lagos school building collapse