IT was a gathering of icons as Fashions Finest Africa held the second edition at the Balmoral Convention Centre, Federal Palace Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos, recently.
Some of those who attended the three-day event were Ugo Monye of Ugo Monye Fashion House, Annie Ottie of African Fashion Law, Segun Ajasa of Honey Dough, Khaeel Shittu of Bank of Industry, Aisha Bello of a Star Models, Joan Okorodudu of ISIS Models, Hajarat May of National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking In Persons (NAPTIP) and Elohor Aisen of Beth Model.
Among the audience were aspiring and emerging designers, fashion influencers, make-up artistes, fashion stylists, fashion bloggers and enthusiasts.
Over 5, 000 persons attended the event, which featured conferences, exhibitions, runway shows and awards. The runway shows featured 26 designers – both emerging and established. Among them were Waiz Shelukindo, Love Label by Ifeoluwa Olumekun Teniola and Debs Fray by Dolapo Fatoki, among others. The conference featured 10 speakers ranging from fashion business owners, lawyers, human rights personnel and modelling agencies who discussed topics bothering on sustainable business modules, human right trafficking of models and self-esteem and awareness.
A segment, ‘people’s catwalk’, was created, to enable everyone irrespective of size, height and physique, partake in the runway. Through a voice vote, the audience judged the show and the winner was rewarded with a cash prize of N100,000.
The three-day event was wrapped up with awards night, which was hosted by Bolanle ‘Bolinto’ Olukoni, while a Rave party was held after where DJ Crowd Controller thrilled the audience.
Founder and CEO of Fashions Finest Africa, Sola Oyebade, said the event will continue to give opportunities to aspiring fashion enterpreneurs and models. He also said subsequent events will be better.
- Ayo Adesanya: set for double celebration
- Amazon boss Jeff Bezos and his girlfriend Lauren Sanchez join Anna Wintour at Tom Ford Hollywood fashion show (Photos)
- Alex Ekubo, Sophie Alakija others in new movie ‘Love or Quest’
- Celebrity fashion entrepreneur Swanky Jerry pays courtesy visit to the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi
- FAAN closes Port Harcourt airport over fire incident
- My feminism is human rights, says actress Genevieve Nnaji
- Stefflon Don, others celebrate Burna Boy’s BET Award at Quilox
- Tony Elumelu Stages High-Octane Party
- Beyoncé’s ‘Homecoming’ documentary lands six Emmy nominations
- NSE IKPE-ETIM: I had to remove my uterus to live a normal life