IT was a gathering of icons as Fashions Finest Africa held the second edition at the Balmoral Convention Centre, Federal Palace Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos, recently.
Some of those who attended the three-day event were Ugo Monye of Ugo Monye Fashion House, Annie Ottie of African Fashion Law, Segun Ajasa of Honey Dough, Khaeel Shittu of Bank of Industry, Aisha Bello of a Star Models, Joan Okorodudu of ISIS Models, Hajarat May of National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking In Persons (NAPTIP) and Elohor Aisen of Beth Model.
Among the audience were aspiring and emerging designers, fashion influencers, make-up artistes, fashion stylists, fashion bloggers and enthusiasts.
Over 5, 000 persons attended the event, which featured conferences, exhibitions, runway shows and awards. The runway shows featured 26 designers – both emerging and established. Among them were Waiz Shelukindo, Love Label by Ifeoluwa Olumekun Teniola and Debs Fray by Dolapo Fatoki, among others. The conference featured 10 speakers ranging from fashion business owners, lawyers, human rights personnel and modelling agencies who discussed topics bothering on sustainable business modules, human right trafficking of models and self-esteem and awareness.
A segment, ‘people’s catwalk’, was created, to enable everyone irrespective of size, height and physique, partake in the runway. Through a voice vote, the audience judged the show and the winner was rewarded with a cash prize of N100,000.
The three-day event was wrapped up with awards night, which was hosted by Bolanle ‘Bolinto’ Olukoni, while a Rave party was held after where DJ Crowd Controller thrilled the audience.
Founder and CEO of Fashions Finest Africa, Sola Oyebade, said the event will continue to give opportunities to aspiring fashion enterpreneurs and models. He also said subsequent events will be better.
- 27-year-old fashion designer wins Vlisco award
- Falana performs with John Legend, others in London
- Joke Silva celebrates husband, Olu Jacobs @ 77
- ‘The Oxymoron of Kenny Blaq’ holds June 28
- Chika Ike’s Small chops movie reviews have been up the chart since release
- AKb Fashion : Home of fashionista – New wave fashionista ( Gbolahan Babatunde )
- Ibejii thrills fans at TILX 2019
- Harvey Weinstein found guilty of criminal sexual assault and rape. Faces up to 25 years in prison
- Pencil Unbroken to hold June 23
- X3M Ideas, Noah’s Ark win big at LAIF Awards
- Ayo Adesanya: set for double celebration
- Amazon boss Jeff Bezos and his girlfriend Lauren Sanchez join Anna Wintour at Tom Ford Hollywood fashion show (Photos)
- Alex Ekubo, Sophie Alakija others in new movie ‘Love or Quest’
- FAAN closes Port Harcourt airport over fire incident
- Celebrity fashion entrepreneur Swanky Jerry pays courtesy visit to the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi