Music Mogul, Jay–Z is now, according to a new Forbes magazine, making him the first rapper to amass a fortune in the ten-figure range.
“It’s clear that Jay-Z has accumulated a fortune that conservatively totals $1 billion, making him one of only a handful of entertainers to become a billionaire—and the first hip-hop artist to do so,” the magazine said.
Forbes breakdown indicated that the rapper’s chief source of wealth is his $300-a-bottle Armand de Brignac champagne brand (at $310 million), but also boasts investments at well over $200 million (including a large stake in Uber).
Forbes says the reason Jay-Z’s wealth went all up on the table is his new business interest in alcohol.
His streaming service Tidal allegedly supplies about $100 million of his net worth, just behind his cognac D’Ussé.
Jay-Z, recently gave a special performance to celebrate the re-opening of the celebrated NYC venue Webster Hall.
Jay-Z and wife Beyoncé were recipients of the Vanguard Prize at the GLAAD Awards in March.
- Dangote, Adenuga, Alakija rank among richest Bla
- De Mthuda & Ntokzin – Forbes ft. Kammu Dee & Njelic
- “Even if I fu**** for it it’s still work Abeg” Princess Shyngle says as site lists her estimated net worth at $400,000
- Yemi Alade becomes first female African artiste to get 1m subscribers on YouTube
- Dangote, Adenuga, Alakija rank among richest Blacks
- Dangote is world’s 11th greatest leader, says U.S. journal
- [GOSPEL] Funmi Oyetti – One Thousand Tongues
- Queen asks Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to pause their new lifestyle to attend the annual Commonwealth Service
- Japanese billionaire is giving out $9 million to his Twitter followers to see if the money makes them happier
- Top 10 Richest Nollywood Actors
- Medical doctor warns that taking alcohol hours or days after taking Flagyl could lead to death
- AKB : Music As A Career!!! Here Are Things Needs To Consider Before Taking Music As A Career
- No man should have this much wealth when his only job was to be a senator – Speed Darlington slams Dino Melaye
- The Very Best Way to Discover a Legitimate Provider for Payday Loan Relief
- My feminism is human rights, says actress Genevieve Nnaji