Barcelona have just confirmed the arrival of Valencia first-team goalkeeper Neto.
The Brazilian will become Marc-Andre ter Stegen’s back-up following Jasper Cillessen’s departure.
Neto’s transfer fee is set to be at 26 million euros fixed plus a further nine million euros in add-ons.
If all the variables are met, he would cost the same sum that Cillessen – 36 million euros, as per FC Barcelona official website.
Neto will sign a four-year deal which will keep him at the Camp Nou stadium until the end of the 2022/2023 campaign.
There is a €200million release clause included in his contract, according to the official club’s media.
Neto is a 29-year-old Brazilian goalkeeper who used to play for Fiorentina and Juventus before joining Valencia in the summer of 2018 for €7million.
Transfermarkt currently price him at €18million.
Last season, Neto made 47 appearances for Valencia in all competitions, conceding 49 goals and keeping 14 clean sheets.
Neto also registered the second-highest save percentage in La Liga last season as he saved 75,9% of the shot he faced, according to Opta.
- Facts about the UEFA Champions League Final
- SPORT LIFE: Mikel’s goal fails to lift ‘Boro
- Davido, Cardi B, others to thrill music lovers at New York’s Hot 97 Summer Jam.
- Ice Prince ft. Phyno x Falz – Feel Good (Official Video)
- SPORT LIFE: I’m happy Nigeria qualified for AFCON – Leon Balogun
- VIDEO: DJ Kaywise – Sexy ft. Jaido P
- Fresh L ft. Davido – Firewood (Official Video)
- Kendickson – Wayo
- Yemi Alade to perform alongside Shakira, Justin Beiber at 2020 Global Goal Concert
- Arsenal’s Nigerian player James Olayinka joins Northampton Town on loan (photos)