Former Abia State governor and senator-elect for Abia North, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu, has congratulated Ekiti State Governor Kayode Fayemi on his election as Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF).
Extolling the virtues of the former Minister of Solid Minerals, Kalu urged other governors to work collectively with Fayemi for nation-building.
He noted that Fayemi will bring to bear his political maturity and intellectual capacity in steering the affairs of the NGF.
In a statement by his media office, the senator-elect acknowledged the role of the NGF in a democratic set-up.
He said: “The emergence of Ekiti State Governor Dr. Kayode Fayemi as chairman of the NGF did not come to me as a surprise owing to his pedigree.
“The former Minister of Solid Minerals has the skills to drive the affairs of the forum.
“He is humble, forthright, accommodating, brilliant, dogged, urbane and patriotic.
“Having served the nation in different capacities, Fayemi will use the platform of the NGF to complement the efforts of the Federal Government to reposition the country.”
Wishing Fayemi success in his new role, Kalu also felicitated with Sokoto State Governor Aminu Tambuwal, who was elected Vice Chairman of the NGF.
- Afenifere, Fayose, others: victory well deserved
- PDP governors reject el-Rufai in two-man race for NGF chairman
- NGF election: Ambode, Ganduje felicitate with Fayemi, Bagudu
- Buhari Meets Fayemi, Bagudu
- NGF chair: Tinubu congratulates Fayemi, seeks promotion of fiscal federalism
- Akeredolu, Fayemi, Ajimobi rally members-elect for Gbajabiamila
- Southwest APC congratulates ex-minister
- Buhari has performed well, says Kalu
- Abia APC lauds Buhari’s attention to Southeast
- Explosion rocks old Ekiti government secretariat (photos)
- Fayemi, Oni: What next after Supreme Court verdict?
- Adamu confirmed as IG, promises to re-organise police
- 75,020 pupils to benefit as Osinbajo launches feeding programme in Ekiti
- Ekiti: Supreme Court upholds Fayemi’s election
- Abia is the only state mentioned in the bible, Coronavirus will pass us by- Governor Okezie Ikpeazu (video)