THE founder and creative director of Onewildcard, Kayode Olowu, has joined this year’s Lagos Advertising and Ideas Festival (LAIF) awards jury scheduled to hold on Saturday, December 14.
The 2019 LAIF Awards, the 13th edition, has the theme, ‘Tori Tori, Story of LAIF.’
Other jurors are Gbemi Sagay, a renowned illustrator and advertising practitioner and the chief juror for the awards, Stanley Lumax (New York-based Communication Expert), Toni Kan Onwordi (author, editor and Public Relations Specialist), Irene Donati (Head of Marketing and Brand Strategy, Lionheart Group), Ekenena Ezaga (Creative Director of SO&U), Yaa Boateng (Creative Director, Ogilvy Ghana), Dave Chukwuji (Creative Director, DKK Nigeria) and Sunny Mohammed (Creative Director at DDB Lagos).
According to the Chairman of the LAIF Management Board and AAAN Vice President, Steve Babaeko, the selection of jurors will create a fair and balanced atmosphere for judging the LAIF entries.
Expressing his appreciation, Olowu, in a statement, said: “LAIF awards is a major event for advertising practitioners in Nigeria and being a Juror at this year’s edition is a privilege. It is a recognition of our people, our works and our story and I look forward to seeing the cool entries we have for this year.”
Among the categories of submissions to be judged are film, press, digital/mobile, radio and outdoor categories. Kayode, along with his fellow jurors, will select the best of works produced within the Nigerian creative industry in the last 12 months.
- X3M Ideas, Noah’s Ark win big at LAIF Awards
- The Nation wins eight honours at NMMA
- Sanwo-Olu appoints Docemo as LASAA MD
- 2019 Zuma Film Festival calls for entries
- ‘The Oxymoron of Kenny Blaq’ holds June 28
- DottsMediaHouse Marks Five Years of Excellent Service
- NLNG to pay $100,000 to 2019 science prize winner
- Pencil Unbroken to hold June 23
- VIACOM THRIVES ON CONNECTION TO YOUNG PEOPLE, SAYS BADA AKINTUNDE-JOHNSON
- Singer, Ric Hassani hits over 8m streams on Spotify in 2019
- Republic of Guinea embraces AFRIMA 2019
- CYCDI congratulates Sanwo-Olu
- BET Awards: I’m not crazy on awards but this one means a lot – Burna Boy
- Model, Anita Osikhena Osikweme announced as host for TINFF 2019
- BET Awards: Burna Boy’s mother shines with moving acceptance speech