The Conference of Registered Political Parties (CRPP) in Lagos State, yesterday, reflected on the recent general elections, which produced Babajide Sanwo-Olu as governor-elect.
The group said the exercise was free, fair and credible, adding that the umpire, police and other stakeholders deserved commendation.
According to CRPP, the call for its cancellation by from certain quarters lack justification and is worthy of condemnation.
The group’s chairman, Fatai Taiwo, said the call for the poll’s cancellation was based on an unfounded rumour that the governor-elect is not of sound mind and it emanated from enemies of progress, who do not mean well for the state.
He said the group will not accept any form of character assassination targetted at Sanwo-Olu.
Taiwo added: “The media attack against the Independent Electoral Commission (INEC) by some quarters, who have not added value to the Lagos polity and would stop at nothing to pull Lagos State down is highly condemned. It is an abortion to democracy.”
The group congratulated Sanwo-Olu and the state’s newly elected legislators, urging them to render selfless service to the state.
It also commended Bola Tinubu for his selfless service and commitment to the progress of the state.
- Greater Lagos Extravaganza kicks off one-week party today
- Lagos beggars protest at Governor Sanwo-Olu’s office and House of Assembly (photos/video)
- CYCDI congratulates Sanwo-Olu
- UM Sanwo-Olu: I’ll fulfill campaign promises
- Breaking: Sanwo-Olu’s election as Lagos gov. upheld by Supreme court
- I never said I will not ban Okada – Governor Sanwo-Olu reacts to viral video of him at The Platform
- Certificate forgery: Petitioner withdraws case against AbdulRazaq
- Makinde appoints Taiwo Adisa as CPS
- I’ll not tolerate any more protests in Imo – Governor Uzodinma
- Fela’s statue at Allen Avenue pulled down by Lagos State Government (photos)