Building twice marked for demolition –Eyewitness
An eyewitness of the Ita-Faji, Lagos, school building collapse has said that the compromised building had been twice marked for demolition by the authorities.
Taking to his Twitter handle, Olabode, with Twitter handle, @Mozeed23, had alleged, “I heard the house had been marked twice for demolition, if so some people need to go to jail.”
@Mozeed23 had tweeted back at The Lagos State Govt via the verified Twitter handle, @followlasg.
22 persons rescued so far –Report
22 persons have been rescued from the three-storey building that collapsed at Ita Faji, on Lagos Island on Wednesday.
According to latest update, a total of 22 persons have been rescued from the scene of the collapse.
The three-storeyed building, which housed a primary school on its last floor collapsed around 10am.
At least 10 persons trapped –Report
At least 10 primary-school pupils are trapped inside a building which collapsed in central Lagos on Wednesday, a rescuer said.
“At least 10 children” are inside the building and are “thought to be alive,” said the rescuer, who gave his name as Derin.
- Lady Explains How She Has been Dating Her Cousin | Photos & Video
- Three siblings die in fire outbreak in their home in Ibadan
- Breaking: Dino Melaye joins Kogi governorship race
- BBNaija: Omasola’s blunt diary session sets social media platforms agog
- ‘Panel of inquiry not solution to building collapse’
- APBN urged to sanction accountants that audited collapsed banks
- ‘Why Ambode was absent at Sanwo-Olu’s inauguration’
- ”Go and arrest Oyedepo” Nigerians tell Ogun state govt officials after arresting a pastor for having more than 50 members in his church this morning
- Jimi Agbaje reacts to the okada ban in Lagos
- Man arrested for allegedly attempting to kill his wife in Lagos (photo)