Oyo State Governor Seyi Makinde has confirmed the appointment of the Group Politics Editor of Tribune Newspapers, Mr. Taiwo Adisa, as his Chief Press Secretary.
The appointment, which takes immediate effect, was yesterday confirmed in a statement in Ibadan by the Chief of Staff to the Governor, Chief Bisi Ilaka, on Monday.
Makinde, after his inauguration, had announced the first appointment last week Wednesday, when he named Chief Bisi Ilaka the Chief of Staff and Professor Sayed Malik as Chairman of Muslim Wing of the state Pilgrims Welfare Board.
Until his appointment, Adisa was the Group Politics Editor and Abuja Bureau Chief of Tribune Newspapers.
He had earlier served as Special Assistant (Media Relations) to former President of the Senate, Senator Adolphus Wabara between 2003 and May 2005.
Adisa attended the University of Ibadan, Ibadan, where he bagged both his Bachelor and Masters degrees in Communication and Language Arts.
The Press Secretary has had an illustrious career in Journalism spanning stints in The News Tempo Magazines, The Punch Newspapers and lately Tribune, which he joined in July 2005.
Apart from serving as the Group Politics Editor and Abuja Bureau Chief of Tribune, he also runs a weekly column in the Sunday Tribune called The Lynx-Eye, which he uses to dissect political developments across the country.
Adisa who hails from Ogbomoso South local government of the state is currently undertaking a Ph.D. programme in Media Arts at the University of Abuja.
- DSS denies accusing Bulkachuwa of bribery
- Ambode greets Sanwo-Olu
- Buhari is most democratic ex-military head of state – Bello
- APDA to Honour Prince Agba
- I’ll not tolerate any more protests in Imo – Governor Uzodinma
- ‘Why Ambode was absent at Sanwo-Olu’s inauguration’
- Enugu set to pay N30,000 minimum wage
- Dah Face : Beautiful Nubia – Afrikanbaze Face of dah week
- Falana seeks sanction against Naval chief for rights violation of 80 detainees
- AKB :Face of Dah week | July edition – Tolulope [aka Ike anobi]