Ahead of the third of the Toronto International Nollywood Film Festival (TINFF) bill to hold on September 7, 2019 at the York Cinema, Canada, organisers of the event have announced Nigeria’s model Anita Osikhena Osikweme as the host for this year’s edition of the award.
Anita, who is the face of popular cosmetic brand, Zaron, recently emerged the first-runner up for the Most Beautiful Model in Nigeria and brand ambassador to Wholesale Naija hair brand amongst others.
The Toronto international Nollywood Film Festival is a community event that brings filmmakers from around the globe to celebrate diversity through film and organisers have that all hands are on deck to make this edition spectacular.
On hosting the forthcoming award, Anita disclosed that she is privileged to have been invited to serve in that capacity.
“I am glad as this further indicates that the brand is not just being recognized here in Nigeria alone but across the world and I am super excited that aside been the model host, works from Nigeria will also be considered at the September ceremony,” she said.
“I’m urging every young persons out there to be encouraged and never give up.”
- Chika Ike’s Small chops movie reviews have been up the chart since release
- My feminism is human rights, says actress Genevieve Nnaji
- African film makers storm Dallas for TAFF 2019
- 2019 Zuma Film Festival calls for entries
- Eddie Ugbomah, Joke Silva, others honoured with Movie Rock of Fame Award
- Mokalik’ heads to South Africa
- BET: Burna Boy wins ‘Best International Act’
- BET Awards: I’m not crazy on awards but this one means a lot – Burna Boy
- Stars shine at LIJF 2019 as Cacaim is launched
- BET to honour Nipsey Hussle with humanitarian award
- Actress Elle Fanning collapses due to “tight dress’’ worn at film festival
- Mo Abudu to chair 47th International Emmy Award Gala
- Nollywood needs to lift budgets to compete internationally – Lucien Morgan
- Falana performs with John Legend, others in London
- Skin gets third festival acceptance