The Muslim Students’ Society of Nigeria, Lagos State Area Unit on Thursday congratulated Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu on his successful inauguration as the 15th governor of Lagos State.
The umbrella body for Muslim students in Lagos State urged Governor Sanwo-Olu to ensure that he fulfils his campaign promises.
A statement by its Amir (president), Dr Saheed Ashafa, the group advised Sanwo-Olu to pay attention to the development of education in the state.
The students’ body also urged the Governor to operate an open door policy and be friendly with youths.
Dr Ashafa said: “We congratulate you (Sanwo-Olu) and your deputy (Obafemi Hamzat) as you mount the throne of leadership in the state. Your inaugural speech is full of hopes and sounds profound with spirituality. You must then govern with spirit of Godliness and do not forget your promises in a haste.
“As a students’ body, we admire your development agenda as captured in the acronym “THEMES” and particularly attracted by your ‘Edu-tech’ vision for students. We believe that sincere implementation of technology driven education will add value to the current standard and make significant impact in our lives as a people.”
The organisation also appealed to Sanwo-Olu to make Lagos a pace setters in education.
“Students are mostly vulnerable and must be carried along in inclusive governance required by the trend in the modern world. You must be reminded that our country is backward educationally and Lagos State should be the pace setters of the required standard.
“Governance in Lagos must practically be a collective process. As you have emphasised the need for collectivism during electioneering, we hope it will not be empty words as you asserted in your inaugural speech.
“You must be friendly, accessible and accommodating. Servant-leaders as you desire to operate are always responsive, approachable and flexible. You must allow us participate in the collective build of Lagos,” he said.
- Sanwo-Olu warns VIO, LASTMA against molesting motorists
- Greater Lagos Extravaganza kicks off one-week party today
- I never said I will not ban Okada – Governor Sanwo-Olu reacts to viral video of him at The Platform
- Sanwo-Olu signs N873.5 budget, other bills into law
- Lagos explains new resumption dates for primary school
- Lagos beggars protest at Governor Sanwo-Olu’s office and House of Assembly (photos/video)
- UNILAG alumni to raise N708m for students
- Fela’s statue at Allen Avenue pulled down by Lagos State Government (photos)
- Sanwo-Olu appoints Docemo as LASAA MD
- Breaking: Sanwo-Olu’s election as Lagos gov. upheld by Supreme court