A Russian woman is facing charges over the murder of her newborn baby who was found dead in a washing machine.
Russian authorities said in an official report that the popular hairdresser Nadezhda Zavialova, 31, gave birth to her fourth child prematurely during the night. The next morning, her husband Denis called the ambulance after seeing his wife covered in blood, inside their home in the Talitsa, Sverdlovsk region.
A police source confirmed the baby had been put into the washing machine, and a murder investigation has been launched.
The woman, who has a son from her previous marriage, and two daughters from her current husband, is currently in hospital is facing charges over the murder of her newborn child which under article 106 of the Russian Criminal Code, she could be jailed for five years.
Elena Firtseva, a friend of Nadezhda, told Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper: ‘Nadezhda is hardworking and caring mother.
‘There was no reason to kill the baby and in such a cruel way. She told me that the child was born prematurely and was stillborn.’
Another friend told local newspaper E1: ‘I saw her recently when she was pregnant… ‘Maybe the family had some quarrels, but this was not visible,’ she said. ‘I would never think she could do this.’
- Nigerian striker Henry Onyekuru and wife Esty share first photos of their newborn daughter
- If your friend remains friends with your ex, she is not your friend – Vlogger Moni Osibodu sparks debate on Twitter
- oman in Imo state allegedly stabs her husband twice in his sleep because she suspected him of having a side chic (graphic photos)
- Kcee Announces Birth Of His Third Child, A Baby Boy With His Beautiful Wife
- Mother of four is jailed for life for arranging fight-to-the-death duel between her ex-husband and her lover to see which of them would win her hand
- A Nigerian soldier identified as Emmy Benison has told a heartbreaking story about his friend who died on the battlefield.
- A well-dressed man was caught red-handed shoplifting in a boutique in Gwarimpa area of Abuja. The suspect was spotted via CCTV hiding some clothes in his underwear after a salesgirl at the boutique went to notify her boss of the price they bargained for an outfit he claimed he wanted to buy. He was forced to bring out the clothes he hid before being handed over to the police. Media personality, Gwen Divy Ifeson wrote; Well dressed Man arrested for shoplifting in Gwarimpa, Abuja. You see this well dressed man on White? He went into a boutique, priced their cloths, asked the sales girl to go call her boss for them to agree on the final price. As the girl stepped out, he secretly grabbed some cloths, put inside his under wears and made to rush out. Unfortunately for him, he didn’t know the shop owner saw him through his CCTV Camera and caught him. Well-dressed man nabbed after hiding cloth he stole from an Abuja boutique in his underwear (photos) Well-dressed man nabbed after hiding cloth he stole from an Abuja boutique in his underwear (photos) Well-dressed man nabbed after hiding cloth he stole from an Abuja boutique in his underwear (photos) Well-dressed man nabbed after hiding cloth he stole from an Abuja boutique in his underwear (photos)
- Princess Love appears to shade husband Ray J as she shares photo of their son
- Neighbours of teenage girl who died accuse her parents of allegedly beating her to death because she had a baby for a Yoruba Muslim boy
- When my husband proposed, I told him I’m lazy and hate house chores – Activist Aisha Yesufu