The ex-husband of Norway’s Princess Martha Louise has taken his own life, it has been announced.
Ari Behn, 47, who was the father of Martha Louise’s three children, died by suicide, the Royal Palace confirmed in a heartbreaking Christmas Day statement.
In the statement released on Christmas evening, King Harald said: “It is with great sadness that the Queen and I have received the message of Ari Behn’s passing.
“Ari has been an important part of our family for many years, and we carry warm, fond memories of him.
“We are grateful that we got to know him.
“We grieve that our grandchildren have now lost their dear father, and have deep compassion for his parents and siblings, who now have lost their dear son and brother.
“We ask that Ari’s immediate family get some rest during this difficult time.”
Geir Hakonsund, Mr Behn’s manager, said on behalf of his family: “It is with sadness in our hearts that we, the closest relatives of Ari Behn, announce today that he has taken his life.
“We ask for respect for our privacy in the coming time.”
Martha Louise, 48, and Ari Behn, 47, married in 2002 and divorced in 2017.
Also in 2017, Ari accused disgraced Hollywood actor Kevin Spacey of groping him under a table at a Nobel Peace Prize concert in 2007.
He said: “We had a great talk, he sat right beside me.
“After five minutes he said, ‘hey, let’s go out and have a cigarette’. Then he puts his hand under the table and grabs me by the balls.”
Behn said he put Spacey off by telling him: “Er, maybe later.”
- Lady allegedly killed 5 days to her wedding by suspected Boko Haram terrorists
- Groom uninvites brother and his girlfriend from wedding after learning of his plan to upstage him by proposing at his wedding
- Adams Oshiomhole’s mum rejects Governor Obaseki’s Christmas gifts
- Spanish police close investigation into deaths of Nigerian RCCG pastor and his family who drowned at Costa del Sol hotel pool, stating it was a freak accident and the pump was not faulty
- Cassie’s husband, Alex Fine reveals his father was pronounced dead but has miraculously recovered and got to meet his granddaughter for the first time
- Thomas Markle slams daughter Meghan Markle, says she insulted The Queen and has “dumped every family”
- Sacked Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde sends emotional farewell message to fans as Lionel Messi pays tribute to him
- Meghan Markle didn’t dial in for crisis talks between Prince Harry and the Queen
- Six ways to save money this Christmas season
- Police arrest Kaduna pastor who allegedly staged his kidnap and demanded N5m ransom from family