TO SURVIVE LAGOS. DON’T DO ANY OF THESE.
Preamble : Lagos is the commercial centre of Nigeria, A West African country on the Gulf of Guinea. It is a mega city of 20 million people.
1. In a bus, When you sit by the window. Never operate your phone, It will be snatched from your hand. This is a quintessential occurence in some surbuban parts of Lagos such as Agege and Mushin.
2. Whenever someone greets you on the road, Do not answer him or her especially when he approaches you from behind.
3. If you see people fighting, Mind your business!!. I repeat MIND YOUR BUSINESS!!
4. You must learn how to argue with a bus conductor, when he tries cheating you.
And please whenever you do. Please don’t use Standard English. You must have had a good knowledge of Pidgin before you come to Lagos.
5. Walk with a known Nigerian, on the first weeks of your stay in Lagos. He’ll show you the ropes.
6. Whenever you’re walking in a deserted area in Lagos. Walk like a gangster, not like a responsible person. If you do, Miscreants will feel you’re defensive and wouldn’t come close to you.
7. Anything you did not find on your head, Please don’t pick it. (You understand what I mean).
8. When you’re crossing the road. Turn into a Ronaldo. Cars come in massive droves. They won’t hit you but you must learn how to dribble them.
9. When you want to buy soft drinks, Buy soft drinks from people hawking in the traffic. It is believed that the drinks taste sweeter than the ones bought from people in shops. Just a belief!!
10. When you see a large number of people running, don’t wait or ask questions. Just run with them. RUN RUN RUN!!! Ask when it is safe!!
11. Never leave Lagos without taking a ride on Third Mainland Bridge. It is a sin
12. Don’t dance to any music you hear, never stare or laugh at people. Don’t speak to anyone in the bus until they speak to you first.
13. Whenever you walk in a crowded area, hold your phone firmly in your hand, not in your bag or pocket
14. Whenever you want to ask for Directions, say this. “Sorry, Please, Excuse me…then ask your question”. It is compulsory to say all of them. Don’t omit any. Everybody is angry in Nigeria.
15. It’s often said that the number of people who are mentally normal in Lagos aren’t up to 5. In essence, If a Lagosian teases you, don’t take him serious. Just be cool to prevent issues. We’re mad in this Lagos!!.
16. There’s one popular “Den of scammers” in Lagos called Computer Village. It is the most popular place for buying and repairing electronic devices. But please and please open your eyes very well before you buy soup package in a phone case of buy a swapped electronics.
17. And lastly LAGOS is a comedy centre, you will love the drama you will be seeing around.
Lagos is very very fun and sweet once you understand the system. It’s not a bad place to be, it’s just a place to be SMART and WISE!!
EKO ILE OGBON!!!
- Bisi Alimi calls out an art centre in Lagos for discriminating against him because of his sexuality despite hosting Richard Quest when he came to Nigeria
- Heavy Down Pour Causes Flood In Agric, Isawo road, Ikorodu, Lagos, Vehicles Struggle To Remain Afloat
- Funke Akindele commissions Dettol hand wash site at Mushin Market
- Your savings is very important to you and if you want to be poor, you have to avoid spending your savings anyhow.
- CAMPUS LIFE: How to check 2019 UTME Result
- Cultists clash: 4 killed, 2 arrested in Lagos..
- Rape: I’ll expose my abuser at the right time – Ifu Ennada
- Apapa gridlock: Sanity gradually returning to Lagos
- Superstory crowned “TV Drama of the Year” at NMMA 2019
- Simi – Mind Your Business ft. Falz (video)
- Greater Lagos Extravaganza kicks off one-week party today
- Aremu is stupid for saying our father was very poor –Kunle Afolayan
- ”He attended RCCG and was very quiet” Neighbors speak about man who jumped into Lagos lagoon last weekend
- M CELEBRITIES COME TOGETHER ON TRAFFIC RULES
- Is Mailorder Bride A Scam Or A Legitimate Work From Home Based Business?
Harmonize Ft. Lydia Jazmine – Bedroom (Remix)
Mr Gbafun – High Life (Remix) ft. Otega & Davolee
Limerick x Jaaysounds x Prodit – She
[MUSIC] Lamboginny – Move
[ MUSIC ] Legendary Styles – “Looseguard” (I see, I saw)
Pryme – Badman (Free Verse)
Adekunle Gold – Something Different
Rayvanny – Number One (Remix) ft. Enisa
Kulh Ft. Slimcase – E Consine You
Zakwe – Ngiyabonga Ft. Tribal (Audio + Video)
Stormzy Ft. Burna Boy & Sho Madjozi – Own It (Remix)
BlackTone Ft. Adeyemi Tourist – Banger
Chike – Insecure (Sarmy Fire Remix)
Demmie Vee – If I Had Known
VIDEO: Mohbad – Overhype
Efe – “Sho Mo” (Prod. by Kapentar)
SMART ZEE x SOSKIDOBA - IYALOLOMO
Blaqbonez – BBC (Remix) ft. Tiwa Savage
Pop Smoke Ft Davido – Tsunami
Joeboy – Runaway