The Imo State governorship candidate of the Action Alliance (AA), Uche Nwosu, has urged Governor Emeka Ihedioha to unfold his programmes for the people instead of embarking on a “wild goose chase”.
Nwosu, who was reacting to claims by the governor that his predecessor, Rochas Okorocha, did not do a proper handing over and so he was finding it difficult to take off, admonished the governor to jettison the excuses and focus on his campaign promises of rebuilding Imo.
According to him, the people are not interested in endless streak of excuses. He maintained that the actions of the governor assuming office “showed that he is not serious and does not seem to have any cut out plan or blueprint for governance, except the desperation to grab power”.
Nwosu said: “The people did not vote for him to start chasing shadows. For the time he will stay as the governor, he should unfold his plans and programme for the people. No one is interested in excuses, what the people want is performance and nothing less. The people want concrete statement on what the programmes of the government are, what the government intends to do and how it would deliver dividends of democracy to them, and not embarking on a mission to pull down Rochas Okorocha.
“Suspension of local government chairmen and their councillors, dissolving the recently-inaugurated members of boards of government agencies and parastatals, and scrapping of recently established tertiary institutions, is definitely a wrong way to start for a government that wants to make headway. One would have expected that by now, the governor should have engaged the civil servants and tell them what he has for the workers, as well as taken up from where his predecessor stopped.
“The acrimonies that could arise from these actions are hardly what Ihedioha needs at this time, he should rather consolidate on the achievements of his predecessor, and that is was what Imolites want to see. He should concentrate on the business of governance.
“If I were the governor today, I would face the business of governance knowing that there is job to do.
- Greater Lagos Extravaganza kicks off one-week party today
- Crowds thin out in govt houses
- I never said I will not ban Okada – Governor Sanwo-Olu reacts to viral video of him at The Platform
- Dickson hails Ihedioha for appointing Onyeagucha as SSG
- Ondo LCDAs Committee get 94 Memoranda
- Emmanuel re-appoints Ekuwem as A’Ibom SSG
- I’ll submit myself to Ogun people, says Abiodun
- Lagos beggars protest at Governor Sanwo-Olu’s office and House of Assembly (photos/video)
- Tambuwal promises to make Sokoto ‘great’
- Court quashes suit against Nwosu