The governorship candidate of the Allied People’s Movement (APM) in Ogun during the March 9 general elections, Abdul-Kabir Akinlade, on Monday returned to the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Akinlade, who announced his return to the APC at a stakeholders’ meeting held at the APM Secretariat in Abeokuta, also directed his supporters to return to the “pre-October 2018 APC.”
He explained that the decision to return to APC was taken during a stakeholders’ meeting of leaders and elders of Ogun APC on Sunday.
According to Akinlade, everybody who contested the 2019 elections on the platform of APM has been directed to bury their grievances and return to the fold.
He recalled that it was the struggle to actualise his mandate and redress the injustice allegedly meted out to him and his supporters that made him to seek for an alternative platform.
Akinlade urged his supporters to set their grievances aside and display the same courage and high sense of responsibility that kept them on the course of justice through the last 15 months.
He, however, declared that the judgement of the Supreme Court on the Ogun governorship election delivered on Wednesday fell short his expectation and that of his supporters.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Supreme Court had affirmed the election of Gov. Dapo Abiodun as the governor of the state.
But Akinlade said that “we have set in motion a chain of actions that hinge on our resolve to sustain the noble vision tagged ” Mission to Rebuild our dear state”.
“We have always expressed the conviction that in the fullest of time and after the struggle to restore the mandate of our people, we shall return to the APC, which we toiled with fellow compatriots to build, nourish and entrench in Ogun.
“It is with this reality in mind that I most sincerely call on everyone of you that it is time to return home to the pre-October 2nd, 2018 Ogun APC political family with a view to sustain our core base, consolidate our gains so far and continue to support the efforts of President Muhammadu Buhari to positively reposition our dear country. ” (NAN)
- NEWSINEC Suspends Presentation Of Certificate Of Return In Zamfara State
- No man should have this much wealth when his only job was to be a senator – Speed Darlington slams Dino Melaye
- Breaking: Dino Melaye joins Kogi governorship race
- APC candidates reject Adamawa council election
- Ahmed Aliyu , APC seek tribunal to quash order granted to Tambuwal
- Fayemi, Oni: What next after Supreme Court verdict?
- ‘It’s too early to fight for governorship’
- Diri seeks Jonathan’s, Lyon’s support
- ‘I’m a servant to my people’
- Dah Face today : Adebowale Samuel A. AfrikanBaze face of dah week | August Edition
- Campaign Organisation reacts to judgment nullifying candidacy of Adeleke
- Ogun launches health facilities directory to stop quackery
- NigeriaDecides2019: Results from polling units across Nigeria (LIVE UPDATES)
- Court quashes suit against Nwosu
- Certificate forgery: Court nullifies nomination of Adeleke for Osun guber poll