Mesut Ozil has showed his charitable side this week after making an incredible paledge to help out children in need, all as part of his wedding celebrations. The Arsenal playmaker got married to his fiancée Amine Gulse on Friday, and issued a statement regarding what guests could expect to bring to his wedding as a gift.
As is common practice, wedding goers would bring something nice for the bride and groom, but Ozil has chosen to use his privileged position for the greater good.
Taking to social mediaa, Ozil issued a statement in which he called for guests to join him and Gulse in donating money for those in need.
“As a professional footballer I am in a fortunate and privileged position. However I invite everyone who is willing and able to help to support a very special project close to both of our hearts that we will undertake with BigShoe,” wrote Ozil.
“Amine and I will bear the expenses for surgeries of 1000 children in need. I’d be happy if in addition, many more treatments all over the world can be fulfilled,” he added.
After beginning to work with the charity in 2014, Ozil has remained an ambassador for BigShoe and worked alongside German and Swiss doctors to help the most vulnerable in society.
Ozil and Gulse are expected to set off on honeymoon, and finally enjoy some down-time following an arduous season.
The German has endured mixed fortunes under Unai Emery this season, after finding himself in and out of the starting XI.
Ozil was part of the Arsenal side who faced rivals in Chelsea in the Europa League final last month, but fell to a disappointing 4-1 defeat in Baku.
- SPORT LIFE: Ozil marries partner Amine Gulse in Istanbul
- Groom uninvites brother and his girlfriend from wedding after learning of his plan to upstage him by proposing at his wedding
- Arsenal’s Nigerian player James Olayinka joins Northampton Town on loan (photos)
- Sammy Walsh to return as host of MTV Base Slayed or Shade
- My toxic relationship with Arsenal is over – DJ Cuppy
- Former Arsenal and Sevilla player Reyes dies in car accident
- Bride dies after falling into well in Nigeria
- More photos from 9ice’s wedding to the mother of one of his children, Olasunkanmi
- Mo Abudu’s daughter weds in California
- FA Cup Draw: Chelsea to Face Liverpool or Shrewsbury, Man City to face Sheffield Wednesday
- Secondary School Closed After Students Held Wedding Ceremonies Among Selves
- Photos from the wedding ceremony of former Catholic Reverend Sister who married a policeman
- Ooni of Ife to lead delegation to brother’s wedding soon
- Nigerian university asks Masters degree holder to rewrite exams years after she graduated and was issued a certificate
- Lady allegedly killed 5 days to her wedding by suspected Boko Haram terrorists