Residents of Aga Ikorodu, a Lagos suburb were yesterday, enveloped by fear following the discovery of the bodies of a motorcyclist, his pregnant wife and their six-year-old son.
The incident occurred at 12, Obafemi Eruja Street, off Agbola Awojobi Street.
It was gathered that the man, identified as Charles Enifa, 40, was found hanging on the ceiling of their one-roomed residence; whereas his wife, Faith, 35, and the unnamed child were stabbed to death.
Their bodies were discovered around 5am, after their two older children, Success, 12, and Favour, 10, opened the door and alerted neighbours.
When our Correspondent visited the neighbourhood on Friday evening, it was gathered, that, other neighbours had fled the compound as a result of the incident.
The man’s commercial motorcycle was seen in the corridor of the compound, which was desolate at the time of visit.
There were, however, conflicting tales on the possible cause of deaths. While some people said the man might have killed his pregnant wife and the boy over alleged infidelity, before committing suicide, others feared that they were murdered.
Jamiu Odukoya, son to the deceased’s landlord, disclosed, that, the couple had been enmeshed in fights and disagreement in the past two years, and the man always claimed he was not the young boy’s father.
He said: “I do not live here. I was called this morning (Friday) that something has happened and I rushed down to the house…I came here around 10am. Before I got here, I went to the police station but I was told that the police were already at the scene. When I came here, I met alot of security people and emergency workers.
“What I heard was that one of the tenants killed his wife and son over infidelity. They had been having issues. I know that when my father was alive, he tried talking to them and even advised the man to let the woman go if he thinks the boy was not his son.”
- Lover stabs married rival to death in Bayelsa
- Suspected Port Harcourt serial killer, Gracious David-West identifies 7 victims in mortuary
- Pregnant policewoman, DPO, two others killed in Edo
- You must kill me too- father of Remo stars footballer, Kazeem Tiyamu grabs SARS officer over the death of his son (video)
- Three teachers killed, one abducted as Al Shabaab terrorists attack primary school in Garissa, Kenya
- Four suspected cultists held for ‘murder’
- KCEE And Wife Welcome Baby Boy on Wife’s Birthday
- Six suspected kidnappers killed in shootout with police in Rivers
- Nigerian blow hot as police kill 20years old Girl in Lagos.
- Man who had sex with dog before killing it, arrested after used condoms were found at the scene
- Update: “My husband is neither a fraudster nor a notorious cultist” – Widow of PDP member tells Delta State Police Commissioner to retract his statement or face legal action
- Gunmen kill warder and one other in Kaduna, abduct 13-year-old girl
- Great Victory as saraki received another news pop
- Man who allegedly pushed down his pregnant wife from fifth floor of their Onitsha apartment, was allegedly given quit notice over mysterious death of first wife
- 13 killed in fresh attack by herdsmen in Plateau state